Graphics
EVGA 460 768Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, i Just did a fresh install yesterday.

did my snow leopard install from disk (thank you for the tools to everyone who contributed to make it possible!).
boot legacy used. I had to do cpus=1 and PCIRootUID=1 (every time until the boot loader was installed)
snow leopard installed
update helper used to get to 10.6.8
chimera 1.5.4

once i was in and not having to do any commands on startup, i then ran the mac os x lion update. it did the setup. i followed the posted guide for using xmove and multi beast.

worked like a charm. 0 issues. EXCEPT:

1) i can not get sound working. in the bios i have it set to SPDIF but, in system preferences/audio i get 0 output devices showing

AND

2) when i put my 2nd geforce 480 card in, i get a panic on boot plus the "you need to hold your power button" message too.

I tried the: ALC8XXHDA and AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT ALC892 HDAEnabler, still no sound.

is there something i'm doing wrong? a step i forgot?

any help appreciated. i'd love to get my 2nd 480 in, so that way i don't have to put the card back in and out when i wanna switch between win7 and lion.

Thanks in advance!!!

to make the sound work you must install alc889hda, this is the chipset from the p7p68 deluxe, about the dual 480 i cant help you :S

In the forum must be something about the gpu

im back.

thanks for the reply. i tried the alc889hda and the others needed for it, and no luck at all.

anyone else with this motherboard (p8p67 deluxe) get the audio to work? and if so, how?

don't think mac osx supports eli

you must delete the alc892 kext from S/L/E or E/E, and reinstall alc8xxHDA, appleHDA rollback and ALC889 with multibeast! it must work!!

i'll give those a go tonight and see what happens.

for sli, is there a way to make mac os ignore the second card?

i dont wanna have to remove/reinstall a vid card every time i wanna switch os'

I have an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, i7 2600K, two GTX 560 Ti cards (only one installed atm), and 4GB of RAM in atm. I've successfully updated to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 but Mac OS X has never correctly recognized my CPU for some reason. Anytime I open "About this Mac" (either in 10.6, 10.6.3, or 10.6.8), it says "3.4GHz Unknown CPU".

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back