Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Hi,

I have successfully installed OS X 10.6.2 using the iBoot + MultiBeast method. However, the DSDT that MultBeast installed was specified for a bios level of F5. I am running F8. I have downloaded a DSDT (from the tonymacx86 site) for the GA-P55A-UD3P that is for F8. Is it OK to simply overwrite the DSDT.aml in /Extra with the newer F8 version and then reboot or is this there something special I have to do?

I haven't tested much yet, but I have basic system functionality including internet access. I think I should get the correct DSDT installed before I do any serious testing.

It took about 2 hours to do the installation and apply the sofware updates (I skipped the Mac pro audio update).

A big thanks to everyone at this site. You made it easy for me to select the right hardware and install OS X.

Randy

Hi,

I've found that I have no audio, so I've posted a question in the audio forum. I see that the DSDT for bios version F8 for my board has changed so I've downloaded that and copied it into my /Extra folder and rebooted, but it didn't resolve my issue with audio.

Randy

Hi,

I have had a chance to test eSATA and I it seems to work fine. After an eSATA drive has been detected and mounted I can eject it, cycle power to it and it is once again detected and mounted.

Randy

Hi,

I now have audio working using the latest LegacyHDA.kext for the ALC 889 and DSDT for my motherboard.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back