Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Old School - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P / Q9650 / 8GB DDR2 / GTX280

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to read so many success stories for this Motherboard, because its the one I have.
That being said, I'm having an issue getting a few things working.
1 - Every time I reboot it clears the BIOS, even with NullCPUPowerManagement and AppleRTC Patch
2 - I cannot see my two main 500GB Hard Drives (plugged into GSATA 1 & 2), only my 1TB HD and my OS X Drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Got Everything working except sound, I've tried the ALC898 and ALC885/889a with no luck, any ideas?

EDIT:

Got Everything working except sound, I've tried the ALC898 and ALC885/889a with no luck, any ideas?

Mutibeast+UserDSDT, it work for me.

hi, i know this is an old thread, but its worth a try.

I have the same board as the op, ep45-ud3p.

When i reach installer, i have to select a language. I select english(of course lol) and i click the next button (the arrow pointing right). the arrow just becomes grey, and i can no longer click it, but the installer does nothing else. it just sits at that select language screen and i cant click next anymore. it doesnt freeze or anything, the arrow just becomes disabled and i cant get past this screen in the installation process.

btw, both my keyboard and mouse are working on this screen, and they dont freeze or lock at all, its strange that i cant get past this part.

Anyone have a solution i can try?

Thanks.

It sounds more like a video card issue to me - as the EP45-UD3P is pretty rock solid for a cidertosh. =). What video card do you have installed? I had similar issues with a 4XX card - so I swapped it out for a 280 and never looked back.

It sounds more like a video card issue to me - as the EP45-UD3P is pretty rock solid for a cidertosh. =). What video card do you have installed? I had similar issues with a 4XX card - so I swapped it out for a 280 and never looked back.

well this is a major bump lol. i solved that issue, it was my cpu. i gave up a long time ago and recently found a q9650 (old and used, but affordable), so i figured, why not? i popped in the 9650 and this issue went away. (earlier i solved the issue will flag cpus=4)
well anyway, my problem now is it wont shut down! the screen will go off, but the fans and everything are still running after shut down. ive googled so many posts, cant find anything. anyhelp? ive got the same specs as op! 9650, 8 gig mem, same exact board, only difference is my video card, which is a 9800gtx+. should work imo, any help?

well anyway, my problem now is it wont shut down! the screen will go off, but the fans and everything are still running after shut down. ive googled so many posts, cant find anything. anyhelp? ive got the same specs as op! 9650, 8 gig mem, same exact board, only difference is my video card, which is a 9800gtx+. should work imo, any help?

I just let mine hang there for a few minutes and manually shut off the power at the case. I haven't noticed any ill effects except for the odd CMOS reset, which is just a nuisance.

Just saw this question.

I installed Yosemite with the same MB/Proc without any issue. Still works like a champ. I had to modify the usb osx installer after creation by unibeast (with kernel location string, vga enabler, and pciroot) but it works fine.

I did upgrade my Video card to a gtx 480 - but other than that, everything is the same as when running Mavericks.

I ran a PCI kext, the 889a patch kext, HDA enabler kext -- after running multibeast with the same DSDT file....

Wondering if I should upgrade to a newer Gigabyte board and i5 or i7..... seriously. this thing is still rock solid.

Just saw this question.

I installed Yosemite with the same MB/Proc without any issue. Still works like a champ. I had to modify the usb osx installer after creation by unibeast (with kernel location string, vga enabler, and pciroot) but it works fine.

I did upgrade my Video card to a gtx 480 - but other than that, everything is the same as when running Mavericks.

I ran a PCI kext, the 889a patch kext, HDA enabler kext -- after running multibeast with the same DSDT file....

Wondering if I should upgrade to a newer Gigabyte board and i5 or i7..... seriously. this thing is still rock solid.

What kind of temps are you getting? I have some of the same boards and Mavericks runs hot, 140F+ at idle, and ML runs at about 100F idle.

What kind of temps are you getting? I have some of the same boards and Mavericks runs hot, 140F+ at idle, and ML runs at about 100F idle.

Not really sure. I have not even checked to be honest. I guess I could install coretemp and monitor it. Are you watching temps with the FakeSMC plugins or something else (SisSandra, et el)?

Not really sure. I have not even checked to be honest. I guess I could install coretemp and monitor it. Are you watching temps with the FakeSMC plugins or something else (SisSandra, et el)?

FakeSMC plugins and iStats4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back