CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
AMD XFX 570 RS XXX
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to say I got my rig up and running a little earlier today. Great guide by "https://github.com/dhckdgjs" on his ASUS MB but I can confirm that I could pretty much take it as is from GitHub and it worked well for my needs on the MSI MB.

I was forced into this upgrade as my previous motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 refused to read the new UEFI boot in Catalina no matter what I tried and then it stopped working altogether. After doing research on this forum and others I selected the components based on Amazon prime availability and price and confirm everything works a treat. Unibeast and multibeast and documentation around them were great as always.

My kit:
- MSI Z390-A Pro
- Intel i5 9600K 9th gen (+ cooler master)
- Radeon RX 570 RS XXX
- 16Gb (2 x 8gb) DDR4 3200Mhz DRAM
- FV-HB1200 BCM4360 BT4.0 (Bluetooth and Wifi PCI card)
- 256Gb SSD from Intel
- Clover 5103
- Catalina 10.15.3
- Latest kexts

What works:
- Sleep (using power button to wake system)
- BT handoff
- LAN
- Wi-FI
- Overclocking CPU and XMP
- HDMI output to Samsung 27" monitor
- Audio using HDMI

The bad:
- nothing yet

The one thing that caused me a problem was intermittent booting. This was solved by adding slide=0

Great site. Keep it going!

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing a guide, i have similar component. thanks

Do you mind sharing a guide, i have similar component. thanks
Hi Madebuy.

I pretty much followed the guide on how to create a bootable stick for Catalina using Unibeast, multibeast and the page by dhckdgjs. As long as you follow those I'm sure you'll be fine to build the hack. Any questions / issues post on the forum and we will try to help!

You saved me.
everything installed successfully thanks to your suggestions.
on this occasion I also purchased FV-HB1200 BCM4360 BT4.0. perfect

You saved me.
everything installed successfully thanks to your suggestions.
on this occasion I also purchased FV-HB1200 BCM4360 BT4.0. perfect
Thanks for the feedback. I've just built up my 2nd hack with the exact same specs and very pleased with it. After 2 months of running on the original hack I can say I'm very happy with no negatives to report.

just a question.
did you succeed with this configuration enable icloud?
----

I have a 2012 imac with catalina.
but now i need to have 3 monitors connected hack seems to me the best solution also to use windows when needed.

just a question.
did you succeed with this configuration enable icloud?
----

I have a 2012 imac with catalina.
but now i need to have 3 monitors connected hack seems to me the best solution also to use windows when needed.
iCloud, iMessage, facetime, calling from mobile, handoff are all working exactly as it does on my macbook pro. So far I haven't found anything that doesn't work as it should. I would run Windows in fusion VM if I was desperate.

solved with this guide:

I would run Windows in fusion VM if I was desperate.

ahahahaha

last question airdrop don't work.

maybe because my wifi card is not compatible it doesn't even have bluetooth.
I purchased on Amazon the same version of the bluetooth wifi card "FV-HB1200 BCM4360 BT4.0 (Bluetooth and Wifi PCI card)". should it work automatically once mounted on the motherboard?

I had to reformat. I did the procedure all ok but it doesn't work USB can you send me your EFI that we have the same characteristics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back