Contribute
Register

[Success] Mountain Lion Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Version 1.1, i5 3570k Ivy Bridge, 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually glad you asked about the the card setup, because I updated my post too quickly and left out a step. I had installed the latest nVidia Cuda drivers before physically installing the card. That's why I didn't need anything from Multibeast.

For boot time, I clocked it at just under 30 seconds, about 29.6. Keep in mind that counts about 3 seconds on the Chimera boot screen as well. I haven't found a way to shorten that time yet. I did overclock it last night, though, to 4.4GHz. I can set it to the defaults and run the test again if you'd like.

As for the final two Kext's you mentioned. I found myself in one of those "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" scenarios. I've never had a Hackintosh that Slept properly so I didn't see a need to add them, especially since the guides I was following didn't utilize them.
Have you run prime95 to test for stability? I can't believe you got up to 4.4ghz on stock voltage, since the DS3H doesnt let you change it.

Stork: Thank you for those links. I was able to follow them and will look into it when I get home from work.

Aaron: I followed djsmootht's build notes to get the 4.4GHz OC. I haven't run Prime95 but I haven't had any stability issues. I've been working with Final Cut Pro X but haven't done anything more strenuous than that.

Updated
I tried switching back to MacPro 3,1 and Enabling onboard. My Machine KP'd. I then disabled onboard and and it still KP'd.

I booted with -v -x -F PCIRootUID=1 and reran Multibeast with MacMini Defs. I'm back to normal and don't plan to switch the definitions again any time soon. I'll be running Prime95 tomorrow morning while I'm at work and I'll post the results tomorrow evening.

Nomar1245,
OK. I guess the lesson learned here is" if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :thumbup: :lol: Thanks for trying. BTW, did you use MultiBeast to change your Sys Def? ...just curious.

Yes I did.

Update:

Prime95 has run and still no stability issues. All seems well.

Yes I did.

Update:

Prime95 has run and still no stability issues. All seems well.
Thats crazy! How long did you run prime95? Can you try running it under windows? You must of gotten a really good i5 to be able to go to 4.4ghz without any vcore changes. Mine causes a blue screen during prime95 running windows at any speed above 4.2GHZ.

I ran it for roughly 10 hours. I don't have a Windows install to run it on at the moment. I have a separate Windows machine that is AMD based so unfortunately a HDD swap wouldn't fly very well. I did just sign up for TechNet, though, and am just waiting on Microsoft to complete the activation. Once that goes through I'll have some Windows key's to play with and I'll dual boot it at that time. I can then run Prime95 in Windows.

I ran it for roughly 10 hours. I don't have a Windows install to run it on at the moment. I have a separate Windows machine that is AMD based so unfortunately a HDD swap wouldn't fly very well. I did just sign up for TechNet, though, and am just waiting on Microsoft to complete the activation. Once that goes through I'll have some Windows key's to play with and I'll dual boot it at that time. I can then run Prime95 in Windows.
Thats amazing, I've never heard of anyone getting above 4.3GHZ with stock voltage. If you ever get a chance to run it for a day on windows, let us know how it goes. What is your geek bench score? I have basically the same build and would be curious to see how the scores compare.

I don't know about a separate dedicated microphone but the Web Camera I use works perfectly, and so does the built in microphone. It works out of the box with every application I've tried it with: FaceTime, Photobooth, Skype, AIM, and even iChat with the older versions of OS X.

Web Camera: Creative Live Cam Socialize HD 720p Webcam
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OAVQJ8/

Have you updated to 10.8.3, If so any issues?[h=1][/h]

I did. Initially I didn't think I had any issues but now I know something is clearly wrong.

I can't play any videos on YouTube if Video Hardware Acceleration is enabled in Safari. I can do it in Chrome but not safari. Additionally when I run LuxMark I get a pitiful score of 149. I'm not sure what's going on but I know there is a big problem somewhere. I've tried removing and reinstalling CUDA, Flash Player, and I tried repatching using Multibeast and the OpenCL patches. No resolution so far. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back