Contribute
Register

Success! Mountain Lion, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5-2500K, Radeon 5870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again Stork
i have tested deleting darkwake=0 but didn't worked.
i let my build auto sleep and my cpu goes to sleep, but when i wake it up it seems to reuse, but i cant get any screen, i have tested it under hdmi and VGA and no luck.
Nvidia gt 640.
hadn't tested usb 3.0 yet, but does 10.8.5 really worth the job?
regards wolf

You will need to remove any previously installed USB 3 drivers, and then install the Universal USB 3 driver(s). Otherwise they will conflict with each other. If you got your DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database, you will not have to do anything with it. :thumbup:
Hey again Stork
i have tested deleting darkwake=0 but didn't worked.
i let my build auto sleep and my cpu goes to sleep, but when i wake it up it seems to reuse, but i cant get any screen, i have tested it under hdmi and VGA and no luck.
Nvidia gt 640.
hadn't tested usb 3.0 yet, but does 10.8.5 really worth the job?
regards wolf

...hadn't tested usb 3.0 yet, but does 10.8.5 really worth the job?
regards wolf
That's up to you. A vast majority of the time an update fixes bugs and adds capabilities, usually supports more hardware. In this case, 10.8.5 supports Haswell. :thumbup:

That's up to you. A vast majority of the time an update fixes bugs and adds capabilities, usually supports more hardware. In this case, 10.8.5 supports Haswell. :thumbup:
Thanks stork ill wait for 10.8.9, also any other idea about sleep fix?

Re: sleep/wake-up. I can't offer you any advice because mind works using the standard guide instructions, DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database and MulitBeast choices.

Re: sleep/wake-up. I can't offer you any advice because mind works using the standard guide instructions, DSDT from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database and MulitBeast choices.
if i didnt missed anything in multi beast is: under dtst alc 889, 3rd party SATA, graphics enabler=no.
it is everything i selected.
and in unibeast legacy usb.
did i missed something?
Regards Wolf

if i didnt missed anything in multi beast is: under dtst alc 889, 3rd party SATA, graphics enabler=no.
it is everything i selected.
and in unibeast legacy usb.
did i missed something?
Regards Wolf
Oh, yeah. Best to look at my two build descriptions - Zorro & Son of Zorro - in my signature block. Since you're using an nVidia GT 640 graphics card, you'll also need GraphicsEnabler=No which I don't need in my two build. The good news is that I see you've chosen that option (your previous post's /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file). I have not added anything to my /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file like you did.

So, I'm running what you get by just running MultiBeast with the only edit in the /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file is removing the "darkwake=0" which is no longer needed starting with 10.8.4.

Oh, yeah. Best to look at my two build descriptions - Zorro & Son of Zorro - in my signature block. Since you're using an nVidia GT 640 graphics card, you'll also need GraphicsEnabler=No which I don't need in my two build. The good news is that I see you've chosen that option (your previous post's /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file). I have not added anything to my /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file like you did.

So, I'm running what you get by just running MultiBeast with the only edit in the /Extra/org.chamelemon.Boot.plist file is removing the "darkwake=0" which is no longer needed starting with 10.8.4.
i forgot to mention that what i aded there was a fix for the appstore, because when i made the install i had ethernet and wifi, and my ethernet was recognised as (en1).Removing darkwake=0 puts my hack to sleep, fans stop spinning everything seems pretty.
but when i try to wake it from auto sleep, it turns on again but no screen, an the funny thing is with darkwake=0 screen sleep works fine but no pc sleep.
in multi beast i selected the same or equivalent as you choose due to multibeast updates.
what i didn't selected was hardware monitor, and fake smc plugins,and it works just fine, except from sleep.
thanks in advance Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back