Contribute
Register

{SUCCESS} (mostly) GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 i7-4790K EVGA-Geforce GTX-780 x2 Samsung 1TB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
{SUCCESS} (mostly) GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 i7-4790K EVGA-Geforce GTX-780 6GB x2 Samsung 1TB SSD

The posts on this forum were essential to getting my Hackintosh working, so I thought I would share my particular formula in case it proved helpful to others. FYI I'm a first-time Hackintosher and the following required a lot of trial and error. Since I started from a fresh install when I broke things, I'm pretty confident this works all the way through with the above hardware. I did take out all but one memory stick also. You can also try taking out the video cards and putting those in after you have the system booting (but I don't think that is necessary).

Step 1: Make a bootable OS X Mavericks USB stick with MultiBeast 6.4.1 and Chimera 3.0.1

Step 2: Disable vt-d, onboard LAN and onboard Audio in BIOS. Set graphics to PCI1 and plug monitor into first GTX-780 card.

Step 3: Boot from USB with the following flags: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

Step 4: Begin install OS X Mavericks

Step 5: Part way through the install the machine will want to reboot to finish the install, only it will hang on the bluetooth drivers, so you need to interrupt the attempt to reboot with boot flag -s and type in the following:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir Intel_Back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* Intel_Back
touch ../Extensions

reboot

I'm pretty sure this removes the bluetooth drivers you don't need and allows the machine to boot. When you reboot make sure you still do the flags PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

Step 5: Once you've booted into OS X, run MultiBeast and select EasyBeast and the following:

Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Misc -> ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers -> Misc -> EvOreboot
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers -> Misc -> NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers -> System -> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders -> Chimera v3.0.1
Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache
Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1
Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black
Realtek ALC1150
Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
USB 3.0 - Universal
Atheros Killer ALXEthernet v1.0.2

Step 6: Save your configuration, shutdown, enable onboard LAN and Sound and reboot. To be honest it may take more than a single reboot, but you shouldn't have to use any flags or to boot in safe mode (-x), just try cold booting again.

While the system is stable and I've been able to install VMWare Fusion and create several Mac and Windows 8.1 virtual machines (which is what I bought the machine for); I do still have the following issues:

1. The USB is unstable. USB2 appears to work fine but USB3, although it does work, appears to crash and requires a restart to get it going again.

2. If the machine goes to sleep, or is put to sleep and left for a while, it loses sound and requires a restart. This is not a major issue as I do not need it to sleep in its mainly server role.

3. The onboard graphics appears to have been properly identified, but I have no idea if it's working with the proper drivers. But, I'm not planning on using it.

GL and I hope this helps someone who happened to chose the same bits of hardware.

P.S. If you know how to make the USB and/or sound more stable, let me know.

Cheers

I have the same bluetooth problems when booting, I try your way but when entering the command:

mkdr Intel_Back

it said mkdr no such command

what's the problem?

I have the same bluetooth problems when booting, I try your way but when entering the command:

mkdr Intel_Back

it said mkdr no such command

what's the problem?

The command is actually "mkdir Intel_Back" (with a i).

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

I followed your instructions and was able to get my box working, after hours of struggling on my own. Thank you so much for putting this together in such a clear and concise manner. It is EXTREMELY appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back