Contribute
Register

[Success]Mojave Beta 3 on GA-Z77X-UP5Th+Intel i7 3770K (Intel HD 4000) on Seagate SATA Spin-disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we want your EFI File cause i can't seem to be able to activate the intel 4000 part !
  • To use your Intel HD 4000 from the i7-3770K, all you need is Proper BIOS Setup, Connecting HDMI cable to Intel HD Graphics, Removal of PCIE Card, Editing CLOVER.
  • You can do the following steps to accomplish all of the above:

• From the current setup, Reboot and open BIOS Setup using Del key.
  • Go to Peripherals Menu: and edit the fields as shown in the uploaded image in the section indicated by arrow.
  • Save the edited BIOS pressing F-10 and exit and reboot
  • Press the On/Off Button of your Desktop case to Shut Down the Computer as soon as the Gigabyte Splash screen shows up so that boot won't reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen.
  • Pull the Power Cord off its socket
  • Disconnect the HDMI Cable from your PCIE Graphics and connect to Intel HD 4000's HDMI port
  • Open the case Right Panel and remove the PCIE Graphics carefully from its SLOT after disconnecting any PCIE Power to the card.
  • Reconnect Power Cord to PSU socket and Re-Power the Computer and Reboot
  • Press Del key > BIOS> Peripherals and recheck to make sure Intel HD 4000 is the Graphics Enabled with proper DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory as done before.(see uploaded edited BIOS screen shot)
  • When all OK , boot to CBM Screen
  • Go to Options> Boot Args:
    • Make sure the following flags are there: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -alcbeta
    • Go to GraphicsInjector-> and
      • click and place [√]InjectIntel and type in the following fields
      • Fake ID: 0x01628086
      • *-platform-id:0x01660003
    • Return to CBM screen
    • Boot the Disk ( if you have not installed yet, boot the USB installer; if it is the System disk you have problem, then boot that System disk)
    • Once you are on the Desktop after login, you have to edit the CLOVER of the System disk that has the problem to make the Graphics work
    • Mount the EFI Partition of System Disk (for steps :#9)
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other : must contain the latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext ( in addition to the other Essential kexts like Latest FakeSMC .kext and your Ethernet Kext)
    • config.plist-Boot: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -alcbeta
    • config.plist _Devices: Fake ID _ IntelGfx: 0x01628086
    • config.plist_Graphics: [√]InjectIntel [ig-platform-id] :0x1660003
    • Save the edited config.plist.
    • Reboot the System disk to confirm your Graphics work OK.
    • Upload images from Apple_About This Mac> Overview and System Report >Graphics and Displays

Attachments

• Peripherals_IGFX.png
    Peripherals_IGFX.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.GraphicsInjector_Intel HD 4000.png
    2.GraphicsInjector_Intel HD 4000.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 170
  • To use your Intel HD 4000 from the i7-3770K, all you need is Proper BIOS Setup, Connecting HDMI cable to Intel HD Graphics, Removal of PCIE Card, Editing CLOVER.
  • You can do the following steps to accomplish all of the above:
  • From the current setup, Reboot and open BIOS Setup using Del key.
  • Go to Peripherals Menu: and edit the fields as shown in the uploaded image in the section indicated by arrow.
  • Save the edited BIOS pressing F-10 and exit and reboot
  • Press the On/Off Button of your Desktop case to Shut Down the Computer as soon as the Gigabyte Splash screen shows up so that boot won't reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen.
  • Pull the Power Cord off its socket
  • Disconnect the HDMI Cable from your PCIE Graphics and connect to Intel HD 4000's HDMI port
  • Open the case Right Panel and remove the PCIE Graphics carefully from its SLOT after disconnecting any PCIE Power to the card.
  • Reconnect Power Cord to PSU socket and Re-Power the Computer and Reboot
  • Press Del key > BIOS> Peripherals and recheck to make sure Intel HD 4000 is the Graphics Enabled with proper DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory as done before.(see uploaded edited BIOS screen shot)
  • When all OK , boot to CBM Screen
  • Go to Options> Boot Args:
    • Make sure the following flags are there: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -alcbeta
    • Go to GraphicsInjector-> and
      • click and place [√]InjectIntel and type in the following fields
      • Fake ID: 0x01628086
      • *-platform-id:0x01660003
    • Return to CBM screen
    • Boot the Disk ( if you have not installed yet, boot the USB installer; if it is the System disk you have problem, then boot that System disk)
    • Once you are on the Desktop after login, you have to edit the CLOVER of the System disk that has the problem to make the Graphics work
    • Mount the EFI Partition of System Disk (for steps :#9)
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other : must contain the latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext ( in addition to the other Essential kexts like Latest FakeSMC .kext and your Ethernet Kext)
    • config.plist-Boot: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -alcbeta
    • config.plist _Devices: Fake ID _ IntelGfx: 0x01628086
    • config.plist_Graphics: [√]InjectIntel [ig-platform-id] :0x1660003
    • Save the edited config.plist.
    • Reboot the System disk to confirm your Graphics work OK.
    • Upload images from Apple_About This Mac> Overview and System Report >Graphics and Displays
Thanks for your reply ! after made all this steps ! Can i reinstall my rx580 and use it with the displayport and still being able to use the intel hd 4000 ?
PS : The lilu beta and applealc beta is not beta anymore right ? so i just have to put applealc and lilu without the beta ?

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.03.43 PM.png
Guys i still rocking on 10.9.5 lol

omg i had fall so far behind for not having proper internet for almost two years.
i just realised that i need to update after i cant download certain apps on App store

do you guys recommend me to go straight clean install Mohave or back a bit like High sierra

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.03.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.03.43 PM.png
    34 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for your reply ! after made all this steps ! Can i reinstall my rx580 and use it with the displayport and still being able to use the intel hd 4000 ?
PS : The lilu beta and applealc beta is not beta anymore right ? so i just have to put applealc and lilu without the beta ?
hi were you able to get the rx580 and the intel hd 4000 work together with quick sync? I have an r9 280x and although I can see both gpu's active. During browsing I see the system is using my r9 280x but when I want to export a video via FCPX it would only use the hd 4000. So export times are not better but worse. So quick sync does still not work on my machine. Would you mind sharing your config.plist with me?

Attachments

• fcpx when exporting brucex test.png
    fcpx when exporting brucex test.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
hi were you able to get the rx580 and the intel hd 4000 work together with quick sync? I have an r9 280x and although I can see both gpu's active. During browsing I see the system is using my r9 280x but when I want to export a video via FCPX it would only use the hd 4000. So export times are not better but worse. So quick sync does still not work on my machine. Would you mind sharing your config.plist with me?
Will you share your EFI, please?

Sorry for the late answer but actually i have the same issue and don't lnow how to fix it with a radeon rx 580 so if you can share your efi it'll be great ! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back