Contribute
Register

Success!! Mini HackPro GA-H61N-USB3 Core i5 2500k 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightningrodman said:
Hi,

What a nice build, looks like it's pretty simple to do. Which appeals to me since I'm a total noob.

But.. do you have an idea to what board I could use because of the two sata limit on this board. For me 4 sata would do.

btw here's a link how to move your home folder :)

http://chris.pirillo.com/how-to-move-the-home-folder-in-os-x-and-why/

There are some zotac itx boards the people have had success with. Gigabyte will also be releasing new itx ivy bridge boards soon as well

sleep?

Hi sundanc3,
I have also a Hack-Mini with GA-H61N-USB3 and Core i5 2500k but it's don't wake up from sleep (just a black screen).
Could you explaine how you make sleep works?
Thanks

Hi sundanc3,
I have also a Hack-Mini with GA-H61N-USB3 and Core i5 2500k but it's don't wake up from sleep (just a black screen).
Could you explaine how you make sleep works?
Thanks

It must have something to do with the hardware you are using besides just the board and the processor. What other hardware are you using, and what BIOS version and DSDT did you use

How did you get the USB3.0 male from the front of the case to go into the USB3.0 female on the board?

I an getting an unresponsive symbol and therefore can't boot. I have tried everything listed on this site and others. At a complete loss as to how to get this working. "waiting on root device" is what I keep getting...Could really use some help here.

I ran into exactly the same issue. Sorry for the major delay in the response...somehow I wasn't notified that there was any activity on the thread:think:. I hope you have solved it by now but if not... I solved it by actually switching to a different brand of USB thumb stick. I also made sure to plug it into a USB 2.0 port on the back of the MOBO. I also made sure all the BIOS settings were correct. In the end though switching from a PNY usb thumb drive to a Kingston solved my problems completely. I actually mentioned this in the write up. Let me know if you have any more questions or issues!

How well does this build work with OS X 10.8? I've read about the 550Ti having problems with Mountain Lion.

I have not found the need to upgrade to 10.8 on my hack as I get my 10.8 fix from my macbook. I figured that once I had it working there was really no need to go and upgrade the OS. I also found it nice to know that it is running the final version of Lion so I won't have to update ever. ALTHOUGH I have heard of the issues with the 550ti in Mountain Lion. I do believe that there are now updated drivers for a slew of video cards that were causing issues. http://www.tonymacx86.com/172-updated-nvidia-cuda-5-0-mac-released.html I am not sure if this fixes the issue, but other than the video card the build should work fine.

EDIT. As of now there are official updated Nvidia Fermi drivers for Mac OSX 10.8 that allow full compatibility

Unfortunately there are only 2 SATA connections. I do wish it had more because I do want to dual boot Windows but with my current setup I am already using all the SATA ports. I have looked into using the e-SATA port and getting an adapted and just running a drive of that, but I don't know how well this would work.

Bottom line if you want to make the most of your 2 SATA ports definitely just stick with a single hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back