Graphics
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I'm going to describe the steps it took me to install OSX Mavericks successfully on my ASUS P8Z77-V mobo with a Sandy Bridge 2700K

As you probably know, ASUS mobos have their PM locked and because of that OSX cannot control the mobo's power for the cpu or the hardware and cause all kinds of kernel panics... And apparently combined with sandy bridge = :banghead:

The issues I had were:
  • sleep
  • speed step
  • boot(kernel panics)

I now have everything working fine by doing a combination of things that I found here on tonymac forums and I will explain step by step the issues I encountered and what I did to fix them so you guys that are having trouble with similar systems can hopefully get your Hackintoshes running like they should.

ASUS P8Z77-V
2700K overclocked to 4.4
EVGA 660ti (x2 SLI for Windows)
16GB RAM
1P9B0274.jpg

1P9B0279.jpg

geekbench.jpg

cine.jpg

1. Flash your mobo with a modified bios found at Asus Modified BIOS Repository..... For me, I would always get a "security verification failed" message when trying to flash my mobo with the usb flashback feature so I then tried to flash with FTK for DOS, as described in the link above, but then got a message saying "failed to disable bios write protection"... I found out that asus implemented a write protection for their latest bios updates which I already had installed... so then what I did was flash my mobo with a BIOS from ASUS one update earlier from the one I downloaded from the bios repo... example, the moded bios was 1805 so I flashed it with 1708.. I then retried flashing the modified bios with FTK for DOS and IT WORKED!
  2. Install Mavericks with your USB Bootable Drive.... after i did this and installed drivers with multibeast and chose the DSDTfree option and i still got kernel panics and couldn't log on.... I was able to get in mavericks only with the USB Bootable Drive and only in safe mode(-x)... I found out that I needed a SSDT and SMBIOS
  3. Generating SSDT and SMBIOS.... I came across this great tutorial on youtube done by milxterstechcorner link here .... download SSDT Install and Chameleon Wizard.... Open Chameleon Wizard and click on the SMBios tab... click on edit (if you don have one you can make one and put it in the Extra folder).. under Premade SMBioses select MacMini 5,1 for sandy bridge(if that's what you have) and click save...
  4. Restart the computer with your USB Bootable Drive... The SMbios has to load up and could only enter in safe mode(-x) again... Open up SSDT Install folder and open up ssdtPRGen and then run it again if you have stock clock (if you have overclock watch the video).. it will read and recognize your processor to generate the ssdt... then save the ssdt to Extra folder... reopen Chameleon Wizard and click on the org.chameleon.boot tab and under CPU have Drop SSDT selected ONLY..
  5. Reboot Normally without usb bootable drive.... Everything should now work.. you can use MSRDumper to check all the speed step frequencies...:)

Hi - I hope someone can help...

I cannot get Mavericks installed on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe system. I have the following:

P8Z77-V Deluxe with a modified 2104 bios
i7-3770K
16Gb Ram (2X8)
disabled all lan/USB3/Wifi/Bluetooth

Whenever I boot off of my Unibeast USB stick, I get to the Chimera boot screen, but when I select the USB stick to boot from, I get the attached errors.
error.jpg

When booting from unibeast did you try entering in safe mode from the chimera screen?

When booting from unibeast did you try entering in safe mode from the chimera screen?

Yes i did. Figured out it was an issue with my bios. Reflashed to newest stock and can now get to where I run multibeast. Still having some issues booting... Can only boot using -x

Yes i did. Figured out it was an issue with my bios. Reflashed to newest stock and can now get to where I run multibeast. Still having some issues booting... Can only boot using -x

well if you flashed to newest stock then that means the mobo's PM is locked you gotta make sure it flashed with modded bios first.. Try following my steps I posted..

Hello, Guys!

I ordered ASUS P8Z77-V and i7-3770. Im waiting to arrive.
I think the MOBO will have the latest BIOS version, so, can I install MAC OX without downgrade the bios?

In my case, I wonder to use both MAC and Windows by dual boot so that I can chose which OS I will start when turning on my computer.

Is there any tutorial teaching how to do that?

I'm going to buy two SSD 60gb:
one for Windows
another for MAC.

And one more HDD 1T 7200 for data storage.

Can you guys give some light for me?

--

Another doubt:

I will build the cumpter when all the parts arrive, and I will install firstly Windows 7 64bit.
I will plan to install hackintosh after my windows 7 will be working fine.

In this case. whne I will install hackintosh, will I lose any data from installed windows?

Or... After changing bios ou using some extra file in order to do the hackintosh, will it affect the windows?

Hello, Guys!

I ordered ASUS P8Z77-V and i7-3770. Im waiting to arrive.
I think the MOBO will have the latest BIOS version, so, can I install MAC OX without downgrade the bios?

In my case, I wonder to use both MAC and Windows by dual boot so that I can chose which OS I will start when turning on my computer.

Is there any tutorial teaching how to do that?

I'm going to buy two SSD 60gb:
one for Windows
another for MAC.

And one more HDD 1T 7200 for data storage.

Can you guys give some light for me?

--

Another doubt:

I will build the cumpter when all the parts arrive, and I will install firstly Windows 7 64bit.
I will plan to install hackintosh after my windows 7 will be working fine.

In this case. whne I will install hackintosh, will I lose any data from installed windows?

Or... After changing bios ou using some extra file in order to do the hackintosh, will it affect the windows?

you can install windows 7 on one ssd and osx on the other.. it will be fine.. i recommend disconnecting the windows ssd when installing osx..

osx will not work properly with the latest bios for that motherboard because asus locks the power management on their motherboards.. you need a modified bios.. I have the same motherboard with a modified bios and everything works fine now...

you will encounter the same problems I did so read the steps I did to solve them that's at the beginning of this thread.

Hi - I hope someone can help...

I cannot get Mavericks installed on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe system. I have the following:

P8Z77-V Deluxe with a modified 2104 bios
i7-3770K
16Gb Ram (2X8)
disabled all lan/USB3/Wifi/Bluetooth

Whenever I boot off of my Unibeast USB stick, I get to the Chimera boot screen, but when I select the USB stick to boot from, I get the attached errors.
View attachment 77641

Did you make sure the USB stick is in an USB2 port? Installing via USB3 wasn't possible for me on that board. I had to plug my drive in the back for the installation (make sure it's the USB2 port).

Hi,

good job. When you say "Everything Working", you have BT and wi-fi working ?

"MacMini 5,1" dont work for me. All the time error on boot :p-state stepper error 18
I have changed to iMac13.1 and now is working.

thanks

HELP! Asus- P8Z77-V LK intel i5-3570K glitchy welcome screen after installing mavericks

After installing maverick onto my SSD, I'm stuck because of glitches at the welcome screen (photo attached). I can navigate just can't see! :crazy:
photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

I have a modified bios version 1001 that was successfully flashed using code rush's technique.
I have the optimized bios settings with AHCI enabled, IGPU as primary and memory 64M. I've played around with the memory and graphics to no avail.

I had the same issue booting the Mavericks unibeast USB but it was solved by the flag PCIRootUID=1
However it did not work for booting mavericks on ssd. I can boot without any flags I just can't see.

I t
ried the following flags individually and together. ALL but PCIRootUID=1 got to set up screen with glitchy display
-x
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=1 (hanged at apple logo with gear spinning)
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000
IGPUEnabler=Yes

I am connected via DVI and I got the same results using HDMI.

I do not have a discrete graphics card to try. Please HELP! I'm at my wit's end here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back