Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I did a fresh install of 10.12 using the Sierra guide, then had to copy the Clover folder from the EFI partition of my bootable usb to the EFI partition of my system drive to get my system to boot without the USB. I then ran the audio_realtekALC.command file I found here to get my audio to work. Lastly, I just did a regular app store update to get my system to 10.12.5

Sleep mode seems to be a little troublesome still...it just ends up restarting my system for now. If I can find a fix I'll post it here.

Thanks tonymacx86 community for make this possible :D

Please expand a little more on your installation procedures. How did you make your UniBeast installation USB Thumb Drive? What MultiBeast configuration selections did you make? TIA.

It was pretty straight forward thanks to the Unibeast guide for Sierra. I just followed that very closely.

When I got to the "Boot Configuration" part I selected UEFI Boot Mode.

I did the following in my BIOS (As stated in the Unibeast guide linked above)
1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
Note, I did not need to disable USB 3.0 as mentioned in the guide

Installing Sierra itself was super easy and straight forward, just follow the steps when you reach the installer. I found that using the USB ports on the back of the case (directly into the motherboard) worked a lot better than the ports on the front of my case.

My MultiBeast configuration was as quite bare. I don't like adding extra things that aren't needed...also notice that I didn't even install an audio driver - for whatever reason the audio driver in MultiBeast doesn't work with my Z97-A board. I ran the .command script posted above instead to get my audio working.
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 5.39.08 PM.png

Again, like I mentioned before, in order to make my system bootable without having my UniBeast USB drive plugged in, I needed to use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partitions of both my UniBeast USB drive as well as my system's drive. Once each EFI partition was mounted I had to drag the folder titled Clover from my USB Drive onto my system drive. This allowed me to boot without any hassle.

After this was done I did an app store update and ended up with macOS Sierra 10.12.5

I can boot and install and function (aside from audio) perfectly from the USB boot option. As soon as I run multi-beast everything goes to ****. I think I'll try to mount and move clover to my system drive and see if it'll boot that way. My USB Boot is perfect, so I may as well try.

I did a fresh install of 10.12 using the Sierra guide, then had to copy the Clover folder from the EFI partition of my bootable usb to the EFI partition of my system drive to get my system to boot without the USB. I then ran the audio_realtekALC.command file I found here to get my audio to work. Lastly, I just did a regular app store update to get my system to 10.12.5

Sleep mode seems to be a little troublesome still...it just ends up restarting my system for now. If I can find a fix I'll post it here.

Thanks tonymacx86 community for make this possible :D

What is your full pc spec?

Again, like I mentioned before, in order to make my system bootable without having my UniBeast USB drive plugged in, I needed to use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partitions of both my UniBeast USB drive as well as my system's drive. Once each EFI partition was mounted I had to drag the folder titled Clover from my USB Drive onto my system drive. This allowed me to boot without any hassle.
This seems to have worked to get my machine booting, thanks you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back