Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: MacOS Monterey installation on Asus P7P55D LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent! I am very much glad that you finally nailed it. By the way, you can use free soft Super Duper to clone your disk.
Thanks, you were great I would not belive it is posible without you, your legacy bios boot file make my first open core boot, and you update open core.

HM very strange, yesterday I started machine working on some cleaning files, after that listening you tube surfing no problem. restart do not work, and i shutdownd machine. today no boot reseting nvram no go, and after I make cold boot ( tootaly killing power on cord) again everything is all right.

update: so after disconecting from power grid first boot must be with quick boot disabled, or again same error so problem was with c1 state and quick boot and all that is not a problem on catalina.

Last edited:
HM very strange, yesterday I started machine working on some cleaning files, after that listening you tube surfing no problem. restart do not work, and i shutdownd machine. today no boot reseting nvram no go, and after I make cold boot ( tootaly killing power on cord) again everything is all right.

update: so after disconecting from power grid first boot must be with quick boot disabled, or again same error so problem was with c1 state and quick boot and all that is not a problem on catalina.
You can set a bios profile for each operating system and choose itin bios.

You can set a bios profile for each operating system and choose itin bios.
yes one for windows one for catalina or mojave or high sierra and one for monterey.

updated from inside os to 12.5 no problem what so ever, no new kexts etc. like real mac (ok almost)

updated from inside os to 12.5 no problem what so ever, no new kexts etc. like real mac (ok almost)
That is great. Already public Ventura is out there. I think it can be run as well but with latest OC and kexts

I think it can be run as well but with latest OC and kexts
Probably can't run Ventura yet. A first gen i7 or a Q6600 doesn't support AVX 2 instructions. AVX 2 expands most integer commands to 256 bits and introduces new instructions. They were first supported by Intel with the Haswell processor, which shipped in 2013. See the following from Github OCLP page.

Removal of pre-AVX2.0 dyld shared cache​

With the discontinuation of OS support for the MacPro6,1 (Trash Can), Apple no longer has any reason to retain pre-Haswell support in macOS. This means that important parts of macOS, namely the dyld shared cache, no longer ship a non-AVX2.0 variant on Intel.

Last edited:
Probably can't run Ventura yet. A first gen i7 or a Q6600 doesn't support AVX 2 instructions. AVX 2 expands most integer commands to 256 bits and introduces new instructions. They were first supported by Intel with the Haswell processor, which shipped in 2013. See the following from Github OCLP page.

Removal of pre-AVX2.0 dyld shared cache​

With the discontinuation of OS support for the MacPro6,1 (Trash Can), Apple no longer has any reason to retain pre-Haswell support in macOS. This means that important parts of macOS, namely the dyld shared cache, no longer ship a non-AVX2.0 variant on Intel.

And I hear that AVX2.0 support of i7 4770 is not on par to later generations and for the 100 dolars asked price (last time I checked) I can go with new i3 with 4 cores 8 threads

I do it before and now I set it enable and Auto about C-state.
And also I thought the C-state might means the CFG-Lock.

Another is if I changed settings in OC config file I'll use the CleanNVRAM.efi tool.
It was hided in the picker menu when you press the space it will wake up.
I dont like some old data in the NVRAM so I always clean old data after settings changed about OC.
Good luck man.
hello I have working reset now adding to your playlist acpi-quirks-fadt and kernel-quirks-disable rtc checksumm.
I did not check which solved problem maybe for weekend

sleep do not work it will go to sleep and stay sleeping, power led blinks but at wake it goes straight to reset

do you have working sleep?

hello I have working reset now adding to your playlist acpi-quirks-fadt and kernel-quirks-disable rtc checksumm.
I did not check which solved problem maybe for weekend

sleep do not work it will go to sleep and stay sleeping, power led blinks but at wake it goes straight to reset

do you have working sleep?
Dear fukmondo
I have not test sleep function I disable it after the first login to macOS system.
So I'm not sure it will be worked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back