Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hardware:
MoBo:GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
Graphics: Evga gt970 4go
sleep ok

captur10.jpg

is there any different step/configuration for the mobo ?
I'd like to know as well, as I have pretty much the EXACT same hardware, but can't get it to even install.

Obvious Noob here. Currently have Sierra running on this hardware, but having difficulties doing a clean install.

Question
1 - What files are on your bootable USB key after creating it with Unibeast?

After completion I only have 2 files; High Sierra and an EFI folder. Not just straight EFI it says "EFI-backups", with nothing in it. So I believe the media isn't being created properly. I don't know how, when I followed the instructions for creating the boot media.

I'll leave it at that, as perhaps that's why I can't actually get it installed.

Hardware:
MoBo:GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
Graphics: Evga gt970 4go
sleep ok

captur10.jpg
Would you be so kind as to share more about how you got up and running? I have the same setup as you but with a GT740 and I have been having a heck of a time just getting the installer to boot.

Could you maybe share your Bios setting, clover config and which kexts you are using?

Thanks!

Would you be so kind as to share more about how you got up and running? I have the same setup as you but with a GT740 and I have been having a heck of a time just getting the installer to boot.

Could you maybe share your Bios setting, clover config and which kexts you are using?

Thanks!

Not the original poster, but I did ask for additional info as well. I ended up getting it to install. Here's what worked for me.

Hardware:
MoBo: GAZ97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i5
Graphics: EVGA GTX 970 4GB

I followed the directions from page 1 on creating the boot media. I did not inject Nvdia drivers. Files that were on the USB; Multibeast, High Sierra & EFI-Backups folder, nothing was listed in the EFI-Backups folder.

All BIOS settings were set as indicated:
VT-d, disabled
CFG-Lock, not an option on motherboard
Secure Boot Mode, disabled
OS Type set as Other OS
IO Serial Port, disabled
XHCI Handoff set to Enabled

Boot to USB device, select "Options", press enter in the first field that's shown (can't remember the name) I had to change the option to nvda_drv=1. Then go back and boot from USB as "Install Mac OS from High Sierra". When the system reboots, press F12 to boot from the USB key. You'll need to go to options and change it to nvda_drv=1 again. When you go back to boot, select "Boot Mac OS High Sierra". Remember each time the installation rebootsEach time the system reboots ensure you press F12 to boot from the USB key.

When you're finally into the OS where you use Multibeast, I used QuickStart, UEFI. For drivers I only required 2; Intel1000E and audio was ALC1150. Installed those with Multibeast and then rebooted. This time DO NOT boot to the USB key and let clover boot. Select "Boot Mac OS High Sierra" and don't got into options, no longer necessary. Only required (for my build anyway) when booting from USB.

System should boot without issue, or at least it did for me.

Hope this helps.

Not the original poster, but I did ask for additional info as well. I ended up getting it to install. Here's what worked for me.

Hardware:
MoBo: GAZ97X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i5
Graphics: EVGA GTX 970 4GB

I followed the directions from page 1 on creating the boot media. I did not inject Nvdia drivers. Files that were on the USB; Multibeast, High Sierra & EFI-Backups folder, nothing was listed in the EFI-Backups folder.

All BIOS settings were set as indicated:
VT-d, disabled
CFG-Lock, not an option on motherboard
Secure Boot Mode, disabled
OS Type set as Other OS
IO Serial Port
, disabled
XHCI Handoff set to Enabled

Boot to USB device, select "Options", press enter in the first field that's shown (can't remember the name) I had to change the option to nvda_drv=1. Then go back and boot from USB as "Install Mac OS from High Sierra". When the system reboots, press F12 to boot from the USB key. You'll need to go to options and change it to nvda_drv=1 again. When you go back to boot, select "Boot Mac OS High Sierra". Remember each time the installation rebootsEach time the system reboots ensure you press F12 to boot from the USB key.

When you're finally into the OS where you use Multibeast, I used QuickStart, UEFI. For drivers I only required 2; Intel1000E and audio was ALC1150. Installed those with Multibeast and then rebooted. This time DO NOT boot to the USB key and let clover boot. Select "Boot Mac OS High Sierra" and don't got into options, no longer necessary. Only required (for my build anyway) when booting from USB.

System should boot without issue, or at least it did for me.

Hope this helps.

Hey,
How did you get your USB3 working on this board? My usb2 are ok but usb3 is sketchy at best. Sometimes shows up. other times ports are dead.

Hey,
How did you get your USB3 working on this board? My usb2 are ok but usb3 is sketchy at best. Sometimes shows up. other times ports are dead.

Sorry about taking forever to reply to your question. I didn't so anything to get my USB3 ports working, they just did. I know this isn't any help to you, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back