1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware:
MoBo:GA-Z77X-UP4-Th LGA-1155
CPU:Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
Graphics : Sapphire Radeon 5450| Monitor Asus VK 278. Port: HDMI
The system was running Sierra 12.6 with Windows 10 and Ubuntu for a while .

For this installation, I had to change the previous Radeon 7850 because of Black screen toward the last stage of installation. Nvidia Ge Force GT 710 installs OK but does not get full QE/CI for lack of webdrivers for mac OS High Sierra, I will have to wait for Nvidia to release High Sierra Drivers may be later toward Sep-Oct .

I installed my favorite Radeon 5450 that works well in all OS X /macOS , Windows and Linux.

For OS X and macOS including High Sierra ATI Radeon 5450 needs the following edits in Config.plist:

FakeID: 0x68E01002 against ATI in config.plist>Devices ,
[√] Inject ATI in config.plist>Graphics
[Eulemur] as FB Name in config.plist>Graphics

I installed initially High Sierra Beta 3 with the previously created USB Installer and then updated the system to Beta 4 when I got notified about the new release.

On installation the Graphics display was in "Billions of Colors" and any "Finder use" caused the screen to show "bleeding colors' and "jittery screens". I had to install SwitchResX to change "Billions of colors" to "Millions of colors" to fix the Display problem.
From the collection of Screenshots I have made, I am uploading only the image about SwitchResX use

Attachments

• SwitchResX use.png
    SwitchResX use.png
    343.5 KB · Views: 1,777
Hi, @cmn699

I have a system with the same specifications as your fourth machine (Z77-UP4-TH, same processor; my graphic card is a Nvidia 650 Ti) and I'm having serious problems to update it to High Sierra from 10.12.6.

I've tried almost every method: direct update, use a customized bootable High Sierra Installer and even using a real Mac to install High Sierra from there in an external SSD. But nothing has seemed to work.

Could you please help me get it? I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, @cmn699

I have a system with the same specifications as your fourth machine (Z77-UP4-TH, same processor; my graphic card is a Nvidia 650 Ti) and I'm having serious problems to update it to High Sierra from 10.12.6.

I've tried almost every method: direct update, use a customized bootable High Sierra Installer and even using a real Mac to install High Sierra from there in an external SSD. But nothing has seemed to work.

Could you please help me get it? I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance!

If you can post the screen shots of where you are encountering the problem, I shall try to help you.

I have not tried any Nividia 6xx series of Video cards in any of my OS X since el Capitan. The Video card I have in the Z77-UP4-TH is AMD-Radeon 5450 2GB.

Your boot screen shots uploaded to this Forum may be able to give us a clue if the problem is related to your Graphics or something else.
Without that, all I can say is that this MoBo and CPU are compatible with macOS High Sierra installation and even the two Beta updates released since .

There are not actual screenshots. I've tried several times and the systems attempts to restart some times and other gets stuck in with a black screen with the white Apple and a white spinning circle under it. The rest of the times I got just black screens.

And if I try to boot the Installer with -v, the boot enters into an infinite loop with something related to USB, but I cannot remember.

I'm kinda desperate, though I want to fully update my system to High Sierra and enjoy the news, like AFPS.

So, please, help me!

Should I try to install it disconnecting my Graphic card?

Thanks again!!

If you can post the screen shots of where you are encountering the problem, I shall try to help you.

I have not tried any Nividia 6xx series of Video cards in any of my OS X since el Capitan. The Video card I have in the Z77-UP4-TH is AMD-Radeon 5450 2GB.

Your boot screen shots uploaded to this Forum may be able to give us a clue if the problem is related to your Graphics or something else.
Without that, all I can say is that this MoBo and CPU are compatible with macOS High Sierra installation and even the two Beta updates released since .
You can see the screenshots in the eighth entry in this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/please-help-problems-installing-high-sierra.233796/

Thanks again!

Hi-

I followed the above instructions to get my Radeon 5450 PCIE 2GB graphics card properly functioning post High Sierra upgrade.

The below settings caused the screen to be sliced into long pieces and difficult to navigate:

FakeID: 0x68E01002 against ATI in config.plist>Devices ,
[√] Inject ATI in config.plist>Graphics
[Eulemur] as FB Name in config.plist>Graphics

My display isn't recognized and the computer says its using a projector.

In System Profile, it says the card only has 5mb of memory.

I've unsuccessfully attempted to get a Device ID assigned.

I've also played with many variations of the FakeID name, Injecting options, and FB Names.

All to no avail.

Attached is my Config.plist also.

Help and thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 8.49.54 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 8.49.54 PM (2).png
    378.6 KB · Views: 611
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 9.50.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 9.50.11 PM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 587
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 9.50.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 9.50.22 PM.png