Contribute
Register

[Success] LG Gram 17 (17Z990-R.AAS9U1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, for those of you, who, like me, don't want to survive with hfs+ in macos 10.14+ here is OC based EFI that works great with apfs in both 10.14 and 10.15 and on top of that it has lid open/close, sleep/wake, hdmi audio and sd card reader working. It also has intel bluetooth firmware uploader which makes it work out of the box. So, it's fully functional mac without any compromises and only wifi needs your attention.

Hello rdmitry0911, thank you very much for the OC efi.

May I know is there a way to toggle ON/OFF for Bluetooth? Currently it is "on" all the time even though I don't have any device connected. So I would like to save some battery by turning it "Off".

Thank you again.

Hello rdmitry0911, thank you very much for the OC efi.

May I know is there a way to toggle ON/OFF for Bluetooth? Currently it is "on" all the time even though I don't have any device connected. So I would like to save some battery by turning it "Off".

Thank you again.
what is the make and model of your bluetooth?

if it is intel, then you can use the intel bluetooth kexts to be able to turn off/on

Hello Feartech, the LG Gram 17 990 model comes standard with Intel BT and WiFi module, it's soldered.

Attached is the pic of the "Settings" and the "Off" mode is greyed out.

Can you upload the Intel kext or point me to where I can download the driver? The EFI folder already has a Intel driver (see pic). Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.39.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.39.30 PM.png
    59 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.43.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.43.02 PM.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 77
Hello Feartech, the LG Gram 17 990 model comes standard with Intel BT and WiFi module, it's soldered.

Attached is the pic of the "Settings" and the "Off" mode is greyed out.

Can you upload the Intel kext or point me to where I can download the driver? The EFI folder already has a Intel driver (see pic). Thank you for your help.
yes, the bluetooth intel kext should give you the option to turn on or off

yes, the bluetooth intel kext should give you the option to turn on or off

It should, but it isn't doing that. Don't know what's wrong.

Also noticed another problem using rdmitry0911 OpenCore EFI. The trackpad on windows is not found, thus not working at all. Device manager shows exclamation mark.

I suspect the OC locks up a region in the BIOS that affected the trackpad under win10. Anyone can confirm this? I'm too noob with OC and Clover to troubleshoot.

Thanks guys for any help.

I have done some tests and can confirm it's something to do with OpenCore that the trackpad is locked in windows. After I switched back to Clover, everything is running fine again.

It's either OC itself or the trackpad kext inside OC.

Anyone has another trackpad kext which is working that I can try replacing rdmitry0911 EFI version?

Thank you.

Just a small tweak update to get the onboard Intel wifi to work. I have attached the kext.

Steps to follow:
1) Right click on the kext and show package contents
2) Look for info.plist and open it with text editor
3) Scroll down and you will see strings and keys for password and ssid
4) There are 4 entries. You key in your wifi password and ssid accordingly, save file. Four entries for different locations use, eg. 1 for own home, 1 for parents/friends house, 1 for office and 1 for phone hotspot. Need more, just add your own.
5) After that, put this kext into the EFI "Others" folder
6) Open config.plist from EFI folder. Scroll down and look for entries where you see other kexts like Lilu, Voodoo, etc.
7) Key in this bit and then save the file:

<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>itlwm.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/itlwm</string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>

Attached is a pic to show where to put the string (before the "/array" command):

Config list.png

Reboot, and you should have your Intel wifi working. To turn off this wifi, go to Network and click off, then click apply.

I'm running this OC with Catalina. Good luck! :)
Attach

Attachments

• itlwm.kext.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 89
Hey guys any of you running this laptop on Big Sur or Monterrey with no issues?

Hey guys any of you running this laptop on Big Sur or Monterrey with no issues?
Sorry, no. I had Catalina running fine, but the trackpad pausing drove me bananas, so I upgraded to Windows 11 and abandoned macOS altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back