Contribute
Register

[Success] LG Gram 17 (17Z990-R.AAS9U1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just an fyi to anyone wanting to use @rdmitry0911 opencore efi, you need to modify the config.plist and enable verbose booting. no idea why this is the second time running into this but i as well cant seem to get anywhere without it. i had this issue with clover, and @bjjung was helpful enough to point out the airport bcrm patch which fixed the issue there. having a similar issue with our without it using oc however. so far the only added benefit to oc over clover i've heard has been boot times, but having this issue makes oc much slower in that regard so i may end up reverting back.

Hi, I am thinking about purchasing a 17" gram from Costco when Black Friday rolls around to use as my travel laptop. Model 17Z90N-R.AAC8U1. Ideally, I would like to install a second hard drive with OS and have the first hard drive with windows so I can maintain the warranty. Does anyone see any potential problems with going in this direction? Any help in preparing me for the build would be most appreciated! Thank you!!

Hi, I am thinking about purchasing a 17" gram from Costco when Black Friday rolls around to use as my travel laptop. Model 17Z90N-R.AAC8U1. Ideally, I would like to install a second hard drive with OS and have the first hard drive with windows so I can maintain the warranty. Does anyone see any potential problems with going in this direction? Any help in preparing me for the build would be most appreciated! Thank you!!
There isn't much support for 10th gen hackintoshes yet and also if you keep the original ssd for windows and add another one for mac you wond have any place to add a bcm wifi card and you have to use intel doesn't have stuff like handoff and airdropt.

There isn't much support for 10th gen hackintoshes yet and also if you keep the original ssd for windows and add another one for mac you wond have any place to add a bcm wifi card and you have to use intel doesn't have stuff like handoff and airdropt.

Right on, so it would be best to try this with the the LG gram from 2019?

yes, a 2019 gram with an 8th gen processor would be best.

Can you post what you changed in your BIOS settings? I'm freezing within 2 seconds of clover booting the installer.

Last edited:
Can you post what you changed in your BIOS settings? I'm freezing within 2 seconds of clover booting the installer.
I am talking from memory because I did it some time ago, but I had a problem that toke me ages to solve only to realize that the problem was with the Samsung860Evo SSD that needed to upgrade the firmware. Never though a HD could create problems because of an old firmware. Just saying.

Hi guys, for those of you, who, like me, don't want to survive with hfs+ in macos 10.14+ here is OC based EFI that works great with apfs in both 10.14 and 10.15 and on top of that it has lid open/close, sleep/wake, hdmi audio and sd card reader working. It also has intel bluetooth firmware uploader which makes it work out of the box. So, it's fully functional mac without any compromises and only wifi needs your attention.
Got a 17 inches from Costco on sale with the 10th Gen i7-1065G7, upgrade RAM to 40GB and switched out the old NVMe M.2 with a 2 TB. Windows and Manjaro worked well. When I tried your OpenCore EFI (adding generated SMBIOS) and all latest kexts, I cannot get pass this screen:

10:625 00:013 AAPL: [EB|`CS:CSKSD] Err(0xE) @ GV 8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload. ......
10:705 00:013 AAPL: [EB|`WL:pWLFNV] Err(0xE) @ GV wake-failure
10:718 00:013 AAPL: [EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFNV .....
10:744 00:012 AAPL: [EB|`WL:DT] Err(0xE) @ WL:pWLFRTC ......
10:771 00:013 AAPL: [EB|`LD:OFS] Err(0xE) @ OPEN (System\\Library\\PrelinkedKernels\\prelinkedkernel.development) ......
13:854 00:525 AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49
13:867 00:013 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:DT] 2020-11-19T01:47:33
13:880 00:013 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-11-19T01:47:33

BIOS Settings: CMS Support [No], Fast Boot [Disabled], CFG Lock [Disabled], VT-d [Disabled], Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment [Enabled], DVMT Pre-Allocated [64M].

I tried everything listed in https://dortania....#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start

I figure there has to be something in the BIOS setting... Could you please share your BIOS setting?

Hi everybody,
I am writing from my 17z990 with big sur installed on it.
So far wifi works using intel internal xipset.
I installed opencore 0.6.8 and upgraded from Mohave that was running perfectly with 0.5.6.

I copied everything from opencore 0.5.6 taken from here (i think) I upgraded all kexts and copied all DSDT and SSDT's. I copied all parameters I could from config.plist

So far battery indicator seems to work and bluetooth and wifi.
What does not work:

a) The system boots with display's backlight turned off. After 5 minutes or so it magically turns light on and the display works.
b) Trackpad does not work. I managed to make it work restarting the system with linux, but it stoped working few moments after booting up again with macos.

(Curiously enough, Kubuntu booting tweak seemed to help on the black display at boot up, but again It only worked once).
c) Audio is not working (yet bluetooth audio works).

Karabinier hanged the keyboard so I had to uninstall it. Keyboard backlight works.

I send my "working" EFI. It contains two extra directories, OC.VELL and BOOT.VELL with Opencore 0.5.6. That opencore works very well for me, yet I think it does not work with big sur.

Anyway, feel free to use my EFI as an start and if you manage to solve any of the problems, please, share...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    66.9 MB · Views: 127
Thanks epertinez. I think you would have better chance if you post this on the Big Sur sub. I'll stick to Cata untill everything else is working well for Big Sur. Trackpad not working is a problem to me.

Hope to see success, do keep us all updated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back