Contribute
Register

[Success] Kaby Lake i7-7700k + Gigabyte GA-Z270N + Node304

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have not tested the USB-C port, as I do not own any USB-C equipment at the time. Have ordered a USB-C and USB 3.0 stick, so will give that a try next time I get home from work.

Once it booted into OSX the basics seemed to work with a few exceptions before running MultiBeast. All USB ports work, including the USB-C (this board has no USB2.0, just one C and the rest are 3), Internet worked but was quite slow, keyboard and mouse were fine, graphics were slow when opening launcher (running onboard HDMI as my graphics card has not come in yet). After running MultiBeast, but not doing post install kexts, it wouldn't boot into OSX. It would show the apple logo and the status bar would move real slow then at the end it would just reboot. Did a clean install again, and I'm back in OSX with no mods yet.

My question is, since my install went pretty smooth, do I still need to do the pre-install kexts and mods to the boot image? I do plan to do the post install ones (unless told I don't need to), I just didn't know how to acquire them at the time, but have found them now.

After you have run MultiBeast, you should not need any extra kexts, at least not with build in GPU, I only installed lilu.kext because of my card. Have you checked that the FaceSMC.kext has been installed? That's really the only kext you need. MultiBeast should install the necessary kext for you, and in the correct way.

If you have installed lilu.kext, check the versions, must be same as FaceSMC.kext and, and latest. (lilu.kext now 1.2.1)

I will recumbent you to boot into verbose mode (hit space when choosing "boot from xxx" , and take a picture of the error messages, this way it would be easier to tell what's causing it to not boot.

Hi.

I have not tested the USB-C port, as I do not own any USB-C equipment at the time. Have ordered a USB-C and USB 3.0 stick, so will give that a try next time I get home from work.

After you have run MultiBeast, you should not need any extra kexts, at least not with build in GPU, I only installed lilu.kext because of my card. Have you checked that the FaceSMC.kext has been installed? That's really the only kext you need. MultiBeast should install the necessary kext for you, and in the correct way.

If you have installed lilu.kext, check the versions, must be same as FaceSMC.kext and, and latest. (lilu.kext now 1.2.1)

I will recumbent you to boot into verbose mode (hit space when choosing "boot from xxx" , and take a picture of the error messages, this way it would be easier to tell what's causing it to not boot.

USB-C works through the whole process.

My Nvidia card came in today and I put it in and disables the internal GPU and it booted up. Took some effort but I finally got the Web Drivers to work by installing emulated nvram. I can only get one screen to work though. It doesn't see any other screens connected. Any ideas?

Hi all

I want to build a system with the same motherboard, processor and graphics card.
Do I need to buy the BCM94360CS2 card or the motherboard's built in Wifi and Bluetooth will work on Hackintosh?

Thanks for the guide!

Hi guys, really appreciate the job you're doing here. I'm a totally new, trying to install High Sierra, less or more with the same hardware configuration of this guide. But when I do the first boot, Clover shows up correctly (with all the options, the little squares "Clover boot options, restart computer etc..) but nothing else. I cannot see the hard drive options. So I'm stuck there. I've tried every solution found on this web site. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Francesco

Hi all
I want to build a system with the same motherboard, processor and graphics card.
Do I need to buy the BCM94360CS2 card or the motherboard's built in Wifi and Bluetooth will work on Hackintosh?

Hi.

Yes, you need to buy the BCM94360CS2 card AND a M.2 adapter for the Wifi and Bluetooth to work. The card that comes with the motherboard will NOT work.

Here is what I bought, and that worked right out of the box

M.2 adapter:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Wifi card
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MacBook-Ai...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Hello

Awesome job, i did same build, just the processor is different I5-6600K and GTX1070.
Everything works but the sound, after i copy lastest version of AppleALC and Lilu (1.2.2) i get a KP

Any idea ?

thks

Hi
Me system ;
z270n-wifi / i5-6500 / high Sierra 10.13.2
Problem : Usb 3.1 not working.
Ekran Resmi 2018-03-13 03.33.20.png

Hi,
Please upload your EFI folder.

Hello, Te USB Problem are Fix With this Codes in KexttoPatch
  • ◦ Mojave 10.14 (Beta):
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
    • Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90
    • Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS:
  • High Sierra 10.13.6:
    • Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x
  • High Sierra 10.13.5:
    • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
  • High Sierra 10.13.4:
    • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
  • High Sierra 10.13.3:
    • Name*: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    • Find* [Hex]: 837d8c10
    • Replace* [Hex] : 837d8c1b
    • Comment: change 15 port limit to 24
  • High Sierra 10.13.2:
  • High Sierra 10.13.1:
  • High Sierra 10.13.0:
  • Sierra 10.12.x:
    • Find* [Hex]: 83bd74ff ffff10
    • Replace* [Hex] : 83bd74ff ffff1b
    • Comment: change 15 port limit to 26
    • MatchOS: 10.12.x
  • El Capitan 10.11.x:
    • Find* [Hex]: 83bd8cfe ffff10
    • Replace* [Hex] : 83bd8cfe ffff1b
    • Comment: change 15 port limit to 26
    • MatchOS: 10.11.x

Last edited:
Hi Pingvinen,

Hoping you can help. I have a similar build to you, and trying to convert my Win10 desktop to a dual boot hack using the parts in my sig.

Do you recommend starting with your settings and guide for Sierra, then moving to High Sierra? I tried going straight to 10.13.6 with your settings but the MultiBeast 10.4.0 doesn't match with your recommended settings which is leaving me lost.

Also, how highly do you recommend the HFS bypass for this build? I didn't do that step, and can't get the drive to mount on its own in Clover.

Finally, how do you install the Lilu.kext? I know you put lilu.kext on the Desktop then run KextBeast. But do you put the Lilu.kext or the entire folder on the desktop?

Many thanks. I feel I'm really close but not quite there. Thinking I should just go back and follow your guide for installing Sierra and working forward.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back