Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple's WWDC 2019 runs from June 3 to June 7, which is less than one month away! According to this article from yesterday, we might get a look at the new (rumored) 6K Apple Thunderbolt Display. If so, there you have it...that's my recommendation!

Hello @CaseySJ ,
You were right about the rumors

It is undoubtfully a gorgious monitor, but for once I won't be able to follow your advice :)
It is simply too expensive. Just by ratio, this would 5 times the cost of all material that I have already purchased for this hackintosh. I think I will fall back on the Apple LG Ultrafine, not as nice and spectacular I confess
I have seen also good comments on this Lenovo USB-C screen:

Thanks again for all the great support and for making this forum so lively

Hello @CaseySJ ,
You were right about the rumors

It is undoubtfully a gorgious monitor, but for once I won't be able to follow your advice :)
It is simply too expensive. Just by ratio, this would 5 times the cost of all material that I have already purchased for this hackintosh. I think I will fall back on the Apple LG Ultrafine, not as nice and spectacular I confess
I have seen also good comments on this Lenovo USB-C screen:

Thanks again for all the great support and for making this forum so lively
You're absolutely right -- this monitor and the new Mac Pro are really designed for corporations of all sizes for whom these prices are actually lower than competing models. These products are not really targeted nor priced for individuals. There is a market segment below this level -- the "prosumer" market -- that Apple has not addressed. But our Hackintosh builds and third-party 4K and 5K monitors fill that need very nicely.

The LG UltraFine 4K/5K and Planar IX2790 5K are good choices. The LG models are Thunderbolt based, but Planar uses a direct DisplayPort 1.4 connection.

Hi @mmaira I am having a problem with my USB ports, after I shutdown my computer I can confirm that all my ports have power on them, I have checked the site to find a solution, but I could not, tried the ERP enabled but that did not work either, so do you have a solution for this problem ? Thanks.

Hi @mmaira I am having a problem with my USB ports, after I shutdown my computer I can confirm that all my ports have power on them, I have checked the site to find a solution, but I could not, tried the ERP enabled but that did not work either, so do you have a solution for this problem ? Thanks.

Hi @artooks,

I am not sure I understand why your ports are still having power on them.
Just to make sure that the problem is not coming from the SSDT you might want to try with another one?
Maybe you can try Jbarnette's one ? it is at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Hi @artooks,

Just to make sure that the problem is not coming from the SSDT you might want to try with another one?
Maybe you can try Jbarnette's one ? it is at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Hi,

Could it be something with the bios, because this happens after I shut down the computer, so logically it must be with the power settings I will try the jbarnettes EFI and will let you know. thanks

Hi @artooks,

Tried it with no luck. What is your power settings in BIOS? Can you tell if it it possible? I have a small DAC which it has a light on even the computer shuts down. I tried it with all the ports on my computer; it is the same with every port it lit up. But, when I tried it with an original iMac, it does not lit up. So I am wondering maybe I have something setup wrong in the power settings.

Tried it with no luck. What is your power settings in BIOS? Can you tell if it it possible? I have a small DAC which it has a light on even the computer shuts down. I tried it with all the ports on my computer; it is the same with every port it lit up. But, when I tried it with an original iMac, it does not lit up. So I am wondering maybe I have something setup wrong in the power settings.
Hello @artooks,
  • Apparently it is possible to have USB ports still carrying power while off under windows:
But could not find anythig equivalent for MacOS.
  • Apparently having "FastBoot" activated in BIOS could also keep USB ports with power, seemingly this reduces boot-up times
  • Attached are 2 relevant snap-shots of my BIOS setup

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_322.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_322.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back