Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my problem is more critical, but it may also have corrupted Bios, but the weirdest thing is that video does not appear anyway, neither by Vega 56 nor by iGPU, not beep on speaker when you turn on and neither error beep.
I'm finding that my motherboard died and I hope have not taken the rest together..
To build this machine here in Brazil, it cost me R$ 11,000.00 ($ 2,600.00 dollars), discourages me if I have to buy everything again.
I hope Gigabyte changes my motherboard in the warranty.

I think my problem is more critical, but it may also have corrupted Bios, but the weirdest thing is that video does not appear anyway, neither by Vega 56 nor by iGPU, not beep on speaker when you turn on and neither error beep.
I'm finding that my motherboard died and I hope have not taken the rest together..
To build this machine here in Brazil, it cost me R$ 11,000.00 ($ 2,600.00 dollars), discourages me if I have to buy everything again.
I hope Gigabyte changes my motherboard in the warranty.

The Gigabyte Dual BIOS feature is supposed to help in situations of BIOS corruption... Try doing a full shut down including flipping the switch on the power supply and then power up again.

The Gigabyte Dual BIOS feature is supposed to help in situations of BIOS corruption... Try doing a full shut down including flipping the switch on the power supply and then power up again.
I've tried it too.
Already completely turned off the board, put the jumper on the CMOS, removed the battery, and disconnected all cables from the power supply on the motherboard, and waited 10 minutes to turn on, and so did not resolve.

Hey jbarnette

Is your system still stable? I have almost exactly the same h/w except GPU (I have Sapphire 580) and I can't seem to get past second reboot while Installing Mojave 10.14.6

And I've tried every USB, USB2.0 card, even had a spare 2.5" SSD with the Unibeast/clover installed.

IMG_4800.jpg

No, and I had a bad back up. I cat even get a reinstall this board or the ASUS version.

Issue here:

Hey jbarnette

Is your system still stable? I have almost exactly the same h/w except GPU (I have Sapphire 580) and I can't seem to get past second reboot while Installing Mojave 10.14.6

And I've tried every USB, USB2.0 card, even had a spare 2.5" SSD with the UniBeast/Clover installed.

View attachment 427692
When it goes down for reboot, does it give the shutdown counter for restart? If not, you maybe seeing the same thing as men with is that it is actually crashing and rebooting at like 80% then rebooting and starting over.

But, in this case, you missed thunderbolt 3, or you will buy a board for this motherboard?
Mine just arrived at the local Gigabyte for warranty and checked if it's going to be RMA.

Got tired of the flakiness of this board and I have replaced it with a ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO Gaming
One quick question about the Gigabyte motherboard.
Which PCI slots did you use to plug your Vega card and WiFi card?
I have a Vega 56, and it blocks all the small PCI slots.

Attachments

• 20191003_193511.jpg
    20191003_193511.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • 20191003_193233.jpg
    20191003_193233.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
One quick question about the Gigabyte motherboard.
Which PCI slots did you use to plug your Vega card and WiFi card?
I have a Vega 56, and it blocks all the small PCI slots.

That's a 2.5 or triple slot video card... If you want to retain access to one of the PCI-e x1 slots, you will need to use a double wide card or if you want access to both he PCI-e x1 slots, you will need a single slot video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back