Contribute
Register

[Success-ish] Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i6600, GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys post a properly working/booting config.plist for 10.11.4? I am struggling to get 10.11.4 running properly, whereas 10.11.3 was running just fine and dandy...

Thank you!

Here's my config and I'm currently using OSX 10.11.4. I take no responsibility if it doesn't work for you. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

AUDIO DOESN'T WORK AFTER SLEEP

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Thank you! Don't worry I will use this for comparison
Hopefully it works for you :) Took me a couple of days to get my hackintosh working with some trial and error since this was my first hackintoshbuild ^^

Hopefully it works for you :) Took me a couple of days to get my hackintosh working with some trial and error since this was my first hackintoshbuild ^^

Any specific reason you used the iMac14,2 definition and not MacPro3,1?

Also how is your boot time from Clover to OSX? Thanks!

I used the iMac definition trying to get HTML5 work with Safari. The boot time is usually quite fast (not as fast as windows though) but sometimes takes a bit longer and I don't know why it does that.

I used the iMac definition trying to get HTML5 work with Safari. The boot time is usually quite fast (not as fast as windows though) but sometimes takes a bit longer and I don't know why it does that.

Thanks. I just finished installing 10.11.4 from scratch and all is fine.

My observations:
1. MacPro3,1 is no longer OK for Skylake, as something changed in 10.11.4 that makes using the MacPro3,1 buggy (slow boot times, buggy CPU power management, etc)
2. Install using iMac14,2
3. Once installed, switch to iMac17,1 (native Skylake support) and don't forget to apply the graphics patch needed for this definition

The resulting system with the iMac 17,1 definition:
- iMessage works just fine
- CPU power management is incredible, the CPU actually runs cooler than in Windows 10...
- Turbo works perfectly - though remember to use an SSDT file for your specific CPU

I think I will write a guide since I have everything working flawlessly :)

Forgot to pach graphics for iMac 17.1 and after that got my rig to work. Silly me

I ended up re-installing my OSX but still couldn't get the iMac 17.1 SMBIOS to work even with the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext patch so I guess I'll stick with iMac 14.1 for now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back