Contribute
Register

[Success] Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon - Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chagui

Thanks for the clarification on your restart loop problem.

I have a NUC10i7, with BIOS FNCML37.0045.2020.0817.1709

OpenCore 0.6.6, Big Sur 11.2.1

I have never experienced a restart problem like yours.

I downloaded the github EFI you referenced, and installed it in the EFI folder of a USB thumb drive. There were 4 different config.plist options offering either the native OC boot picker, or the OpenCanopy boot picker, with either AppleALC.kext (headphone sound) or VoodooHDA.kext (HDMI sound).

My own EFI uses the VoodooHDA.kext, for HDMI sound, and I use HeliPort for WiFi which I don't use.

I booted from the USB thumb drive with each of the four options of config.plist, and tested shutting down and had no problems getting a solid shutdown.

I thought it might be a BIOS issue, but you have found an EFI that doesn't loop, which would seem to rule out a BIOS setting, but instead an EFI setting or combination of the kexts, SSDTs used.

• Are you using the same BIOS as shown above? I'm not sure if it's the latest, but it has worked well for me.

If you have the Hackintool app you might check the "Power" tab and check the values for "hibernatemode" and "proximitywake." Both should have values of 0. But I don't believe these values are affected by config.plist.

My last suggestion is to compare the "good" vs. "bad" config.plist files you have to look for differences. Then do some trial and error testing to determine what the key difference may be.

Good luck!

@Chagui

Thanks for the clarification on your restart loop problem.

I have a NUC10i7, with BIOS FNCML37.0045.2020.0817.1709

OpenCore 0.6.6, Big Sur 11.2.1

I have never experienced a restart problem like yours.

I downloaded the github EFI you referenced, and installed it in the EFI folder of a USB thumb drive. There were 4 different config.plist options offering either the native OC boot picker, or the OpenCanopy boot picker, with either

My own EFI uses the VoodooHDA.kext, for HDMI sound, and I use HeliPort for WiFi which I don't use.

config.plist, and tested shutting down and had no problems getting a solid shutdown.

I thought it might be a BIOS issue, but you have found an EFI that doesn't loop, which would seem to rule out a BIOS setting, but instead an EFI setting or combination of the kexts, SSDTs used.

• Are you using the same BIOS as shown above? I'm not sure if it's the latest, but it has worked well for me.

If you have the Hackintool app you might check the "Power" tab and check the values for "hibernatemode" and "proximitywake." Both should have values of 0. But I don't believe these values are affected by config.plist.

My last suggestion is to compare the "good" vs. "bad" config.plist files you have to look for differences. Then do some trial and error testing to determine what the key difference may be.

Good luck!
Hello,
0.6.6 have you tried it with Big Sur Beta 11.3?
Can't get HDMI sound with VoodooHDA anymore?

Hi my problem is solved i dont know why it is working but this is the main one. During my first installation I used EFI from the github mentioned above but a version that is no longer present today, but luckily I had made a backup of it, so I reinstall it instead of that which is currently on the github and the miracle the nuc turns off without worry, so now my nuc is working normally

Hi all and thanks for your help NCMacGuy, my problem is solved. I put back the efi that I had used during my installation and will know why it works whereas initially not, will know why, in any case my Nuc works normally now

@endera

I have not tried, and do not intend to try, Big Sur Beta 11.3 and OC 0.6.6.
Did you close the update event with Bigsur 12.1?
Won't you update again?

Attached is my latest EFI. I run dual monitors so I have to use a USB-C to HDMI cable in order to get both of them to work. I have to unplug one of my monitors after startup to get them to both work. Issue occurred with both Catalina and Big Sur. Any advice to fix it?
hi, i have the same problem as you, did you find a solution?

I have a weird issue (maybe a non-issue): somehow, the system won't boot with two monitors attached. If I use HDMI or the TB3 (with USBC to DP cable), no problem. And I can attach the second monitor after I'm into the system. Does anyone have the similar issue? I have NUC10i7
hi, i have the same problem as you, did you find a solution?

Any update for opencore 6.8 for nuc10i7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back