Contribute
Register

Success! Intel I5 2500K@4,3GHz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3 GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice write up. I've just put together my build (post coming) and I wish I'd taken more photos as yours are really helpful. Congrats.

cordwainer said:
Really nice write up. I've just put together my build (post coming) and I wish I'd taken more photos as yours are really helpful. Congrats.
Thank you! :) Get back to me when you do! You made me curious :D

Is this a solid build in terms of high end video editing? Im doing this exact build.

ragedarya,
I'd recommend you post this question in the Video forum section. I think you'll find that an i7 processor is better for video editing.

ragedarya said:
Is this a solid build in terms of high end video editing? Im doing this exact build.
I use Final Cut Pro for video and Photoshop for photo. It runs very well and it is fast. My i5 is OC-ed @5.0 GHz, and it is stable. You don't need an i7 for fast video editing. I edit full HD from a Canon 5D Mark II and 7D, and, like I said, it runs perfect. For example: one hour in Final Cut Pro renders in about 12 minutes with transitions, text and effects. :cool: So, if you want to save some money, get the i5; if you have the money for an i7, then get the i7...I was short on money and got the i5. For my needs that is more than enough...

:idea: :idea: :lol: :headbang: Ok...Today I had some free time and decided to do some minor modifications. These modifications included swapping two fans, adding a 320Gb SATA II HDD for Time machine and adding some thermal paste on the video card...ooooh, and some dust cleaning and dust filters cleaning :lol: :lol: :lol:
I aded some pics to go along... :thumbup:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 230
Bravo!Foarte misto,ai f?cut treab? bun?,dat fiind c? e primul t?u pc self-assembled ;)
Overclock la 5 GHz O.O ce temperaturi ai?

macs_forever said:
Nice build. Did you have to bump the voltage to get 4.3GHz?
Not at all...It reaches 4.9 only from the multiplier and it is stable at this frequency :) I want 5 or 5.2 GHz...I'll try to get there this weekend and I'll post my results :) fingers crossed ;)

alex_tzardea said:
Bravo!Foarte misto,ai f?cut treab? bun?,dat fiind c? e primul t?u pc self-assembled ;)
Overclock la 5 GHz O.O ce temperaturi ai?
Te salut! :D Un concet??ean, wow...mic?-i lumea, frate :lol:
Ei bine, la 4,9GHz st? în 40-44 grade Celsius iar la 3,6Ghz nu dep??e?te 27 pe fiecare nucleu :p În principiu sunt foarte mul?umit de ce temperaturi am mai ales c? îl folosesc pentru editare foto-video :mrgreen: iar la 5GHz nu prea e stabil...nu am încercat s? umblu la voltaje, toate sunt decât din multiplicator...nu prea am avut nevoie s? umblu deoarece este surprinz?tor de stabil la 4,8-4.9 :)
Î?i doresc numai bine, Alex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back