Contribute
Register

[success] installer stops with "stop" sign after apple logo and progress bar (circle with a line through it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI - F2 - Clover
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,

I a trying the High Sierra Final installer I created with UniBeast. I have made all the changes in the bios per the instructions. The motherboard is a Gigabyte z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI and these are the changes I made.

Save and Exit: Load Optimized Defaults
MIT: Advanced Memory Settings -> Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) -> Profile1
BIOS: Fast Boot -> Disabled
BIOS: LAN PXE Boot Option ROM -> Disabled
BIOS: Storage Boot Option Control -> UEFI
Peripherals: Trusted Computing -> Security Device Support -> Disabled
Peripherals: Network Stack Configuration -> Network Stack -> Disabled
Peripherals: USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Peripherals: USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
Chipset: Vt-d -> Disabled
Chipset: Wake on LAN Enable -> Disabled
Chipset: IOAPIC 24-119 Entries -> Enabled

I tried in install using the integrated graphics because the syste has an EVGA 1050 and I thought there might be issues with this until drivers were installed. These were the graphics settings,

Chipset: Integrated Graphics -> Enabled
Chipset: DVMT Pre-Allocated ->128M
Peripherals: Initial Display Output -> IGFX

After the system post, I tap f12 to get the boot menu and select the first item which is,
UEFI USB disk 3.0 PMAP partition 1

I get to the clover boot loader and select,
Boot OSX Install from Install MacOS High Sierra

the boot arguments are dart=0, NV_disable=1 (default)

I get the apple symbol and a progress bar. The progress bar proceeds 2/3-3/4 of the way across and then I get the white circle with the diagonal line though it. I have left that up for a while and nothing seems to be happening.

I a attempting to install to an NVMe (Samsung 870 EVO 256GB) drive and that is the only drive installed at the moment. I have the video card installed but the HDMI is connected to the onboard port.

I have read some here,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-basics-and-switching-advice.171680/

and will look at some of those options but I haven't come across any posts about the circle with the line through and so I thought I should report that.

Is there a known workaround for this issue? Did I miss something in the bios config? The bios reccomendations don't correspond 1-to-1 to what this bios looks like so it's hard to be sure.

Thanks,

LMHmedchem

Last edited:
After several attempts, I switched the flash drive from a USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port and the installer got a little further (I think). I turned on verbose output from clover and the installer proceeds further than it did but hangs up with a message,

Todays Date: Mac.local com.apple.xpclaunchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice> service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out but 10 seconds.

This flashes every once and a while and returns but I can't read the text that is briefly appearing in its place. It sees as if the windows server service cannot start or something like that. I have tried changing to nv_disable=0 but this has no effect. I have tried safe mode and this proceeds only a short while and then the system restarts. I let that go for several cycles but there is no change.

Does someone know what the issue is? Is there a problem with the installer I downloaded? Was there a problem with UniBeast? Did I miss something in the bios configuration?

This thread,

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nds-pushing-respawn-out-by-10-seconds.246506/

suggests I need to pull my video card and do the initial install without the card installed. Is it not enough to have the onboard enabled in the bios and the video connected to the motherboard HDMI port?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

LMHmedchem

I have removed the GTX 1050 graphics card and have not changed any of the bios setting listed in the first post. The installer begins now, but when I get to where I am supposed to use the disk utility to format the install drive, the install drive does not appear in the list on the left even if I select "show all devices".

The only two items that appear are,

External:
USB Disk 3.0 Media
- install MacOS High Sierra

Disk images:
Apple disk image Media
- OS X Base System

As mentioned in the first post, I am trying to install to an M2 NVMe 250GB SSD. Normally I would include the exact model here but I haven't been very good at guessing about such things on this forum. Let me know if I should post that and I will add it.

A search on this topic doesn't reveal much other than that it is possible that the disk utility does not show drives that have never been formatted or initialized. I do not have any other motherboard in which I can put this M2 drive and do anything with it. I could start a live Linux USB and probably format the drive as something. Please let me know if that would help.

I read one post that said to attache a normal SATA drive to the motherboard and that would cause both drives to show up in the disk utility. I will try that since it can't do any harm.

Please let me know if there is a procedure for this as the problem is not mentioned in the High Sierra installation guide.

LMHmedchem

Adding a second SATA drive to the board did not do anything. The second drive did not appear in the Disk Utility menu either.

After searching and reading for quite a while, I tried closing and reopening the Disk Utility a few times and then the drive did appear. The installer has finished after the many restarts that [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]sergeydgr8[/COLOR] suggested would happen. His thread on this motherboard was very helpful.

I have the basic install set up and will start tomorrow by cloning the drive to create a backup and then moving on to MultiBeast. Is there a guide to walk through the proceedure for installing the nvidia video card? Do I install the drivers first? Do I need to make bios changes before I re-install the card?

LMHmedchem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back