Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installed Monterey 12.6 with OC 8.4 on Asus LGA775 P5G41T-M LX V2 / Xeon L5420 and NVIDIA GT730

Many people built hacks with this board back in 2010/11 and most of them still work. The problem is that the chipset is really too old to work well with Monterey or newer. I've not seen any success with Monterey. CPU power mgt. is rather tricky to get working. The oldest hardware that still works well with Monterey is Haswell, Z87 and Z97 chipset. The RX 580 can be used with one of these systems and works fine with Monterey.
Thank you! Appreciate your time.

At $300 worth a try if I find one, thank you! (Not a fan of Dell hardware)
The Dell Inspiron line should be avoided for hackintoshing. I've used Optiplex motherboards in hacks for six years now and they've been just as reliable as anything that Gigabyte makes. The only downside is the proprietary things they do with connectors but that has workarounds too.

This seller CNE direct offers a real 2 year Allstate warranty too. Alas, the deal was so good it already sold out. They may put up more for sale at this price though.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

They also sell on Amazon and Newegg.

CNE direct on Amazon

They've even got lower cost alternatives to that model. Works perfectly well if money is tight and you must have a working Monterey hack to run newer software and get work done.

Last edited:

I was curious when I saw this post. Tired messaging seanwitzke, nothing..

I really appreciate your time, and those links brother! Have a great weekend. I may now be on the hunt for an Optiplex.

This seller CNE direct offers a real 2 year Allstate warranty too. Alas, the deal was so good it already sold out. They may put up more for sale at this price though.

View attachment 562972

They also sell on Amazon and Newegg.

CNE direct on Amazon

They've even got lower cost alternatives to that model. Works perfectly well if money is tight and you must have a working Monterey hack to run newer software and get work done.

If I bought a 7060, just follow your 7020 guide(s)? I been reading all your optiplex post this morning. Killer, easy to follow/understand. Thank you for sharing, files too.
Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 16.26.41.png

Last edited:
Found all your guides,
I've not posted a 7060 guide but you can easily figure out what to do. Use OpenCore and if using the iGPU the Mac mini 8,1 system def. (SMBIOS) will match it perfectly. Opencore is a major improvement over Clover. It's the only choice for Monterey or newer imo.

For the Coffee Lake hackintosh specifics related to OpenCore, book mark this page.

Last edited:
  • Use OpenCore and if using the iGPU the Mac mini 8,1 system def. (SMBIOS) will match it perfectly. Awesome
  • It's the only choice for Monterey or newer imo. Using on my 2013 iMac
  • For the Coffee Lake hackintosh specifics related to OpenCore, book mark this page. Done
Heard! I'm a bit familiar with OpenCore. I use it on my 2013 iMac. I cracked it open, installed an SSD (wish i installed a 1TB), maxed out RAM, OpenCore'd it, running Monterey 12.6.3 no prob. Matter of fact, just updated. Your time/knowledge is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 16.12.55.png

Heard! I'm a bit familiar with OpenCore. I use it on my 2013 iMac. I cracked it open, installed an SSD (wish i installed a 1TB), maxed out RAM, OpenCore'd it, running Monterey 12.6.3 no prob. Matter of fact, just updated. Your time/knowledge is appreciated.
One last important point, install Catalina first, make your custom USPPorts.kext. Crucial to have all USB ports working correctly. The best guide uses Hackintool. It's also the easiest to implement, only if you install Catalina first. Once it's done, simply perform the in-place upgrade to Monterey.

Back