Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installed Monterey 12.6 with OC 8.4 on Asus LGA775 P5G41T-M LX V2 / Xeon L5420 and NVIDIA GT730

@Jasonhacks Thanks a lot for the update. I learnt it from the hard way! My LGA775 build doesn't affect by this issue, but X58 does. I rolled back and stuck with old version for a few weeks before the solution is found. It took so long as not many people are using legacy build nowadays.

Have you tried Ventura? I might stay at Monterey forever.... newer macOS isn't friendly with legacy build.

Have you tried Ventura?
Unfortunately, No. I believe my Hackintosh journey for my good old C2Q will end at Monterey as Ventura requires AVX. Even if one can install it with the found workaround, there will be no graphical acceleration as the AMD drivers depend on AVX2 on macOS Ventura. But hey, I am happy with the Monterey 12.4. I still get to use fancy features like "airplay to mac" on a rig that is almost 1.5 decades old.

@Jasonhacks My LGA775 build doesn't affect by this issue, but X58 does.
Have you checked ioregistry and see if X86PlatformPlugin is loadeded instead of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin?

Side Note: It looks like Kepler patching is also broken in Monterey 12.5 beta so I will be staying in 12.4 until the solution can be found.

I believe my Hackintosh journey for my good old C2Q will end at Monterey as Ventura requires AVX. Even if one can install it with the found workaround, there will be no graphical acceleration as the AMD drivers depend on AVX2 on macOS Ventura.
I just had a quick check, GCN1-3 GPUs are dropped too which is a big concern for me. Sad to know, it was so much fun to getting macOS work on legacy system.

Have you checked ioregistry and see if X86PlatformPlugin is loadeded instead of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin?
X58: macOS bootloops without forcing ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin to load via ASPP-OVERIDE.kext. LGA775: in fact I was booting 12.4 off USB drive, I cannot verify it; the LGA775 is running Big Sur for native Kepler support.

Schermata 2022-09-06 alle 00.34.26.jpg

Updated successfully without problem to Monterey 12.5.1 and OpenCore 0.8.4
Now need to apply the Nvidia Kapler Patch with Open Legacy Patcher 0.4.10

View attachment 554306

Updated successfully without problem to Monterey 12.5.1 and OpenCore 0.8.4
Now need to apply the Nvidia Kapler Patch with Open Legacy Patcher 0.4.10
Hi. Would you please share your latest EFI folder (The one you're currently using with OpenCore 0.8.4)?
I have the exact same motherboard, but I haven't been able to install anything newer than Catalina, so a little help would be appreciated.
Do I need to change anything in my BIOS?
Here's my system specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 2GB
Mobo: Asus P5G41T-M LX (Just like yours)

And one more question, what is online installation?
Thank you!

This graphics card will not work with Monterey.
My major problem is installing the Monterey! I will find a way for the gpu later.

I finally installed Monterey 12.6 and made my Radeon HD 5450 work perfectly. (With hundreds of attempts of course)
Here's the screenshot:
View attachment 555133

Back