Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Installed Monterey 12.6 with OC 8.4 on Asus LGA775 P5G41T-M LX V2 / Xeon L5420 and NVIDIA GT730

Looks like it works but I do not have the knowledge to do DSDT edit. are you able to help? I attached also the ioreg.

The cpu is L5408, quad cores.
Here you go. Check your HWmonitor for speedstep. Check multiplier, temperature and voltage.

For incorrect shutdown pop up issue, try changing your SMBIOS to MacPro3,1 and iMacPro1,1. If it doesn't work we will go back to original DSDT and work from there. Also, like op mentioned, try turning off any unnecessary settings in BIOS.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml 2.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the reply. Yes I had these information but they don't help; in fact I followed the same guide to get started.

EDIT: This one looks close but I have 9 USB controllers with _PRW in the DSDT. Any hint how to write it in this FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl?

I'm dealing with the exact same problem right now. I have a Asus P5QE board with a Q9650 CPU and GT 710 GPU. I've managed to get almost everything working on Big Sur using OpenCore but cannot seem to fix shutdown. I also tried following the Dortania guide but searching my DSDT turned up 44 instances of _PRW. The information from the guide is very sparse (one paragraph) and seems to be assuming newer hardware. I also have no idea how to create the recommended SSDT. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Last edited:
Here you go. Check your HWmonitor for speedstep. Check multiplier, temperature and voltage.

For incorrect shutdown pop up issue, try changing your SMBIOS to MacPro3,1 and iMacPro1,1. If it doesn't work we will go back to original DSDT and work from there. Also, like op mentioned, try turning off any unnecessary settings in BIOS.

Thanks again for the help. Here's my report:

Figured out C state needs to disable in BIOS for CPU speed stepping to work. iMac10,1, MacPro3,1 works but iMacPro1,1 doesn't. Thing's moving :)

Incorrect shutdown issue still there. I dont know if it helps but I attached latest ioreg here.

Other BIOS settings should be good such that:
Code:
SATA: AHCI
USB Handoff: Enabled
Suspend mode: S3 (tried also S1)
ACPI 2.0: Enabled

Marvel SATA/IDE: Disabled
1394: Disabled
Serial Port: Disabled

iGPU cannot be disabled in BIOS but it is not showing in Hackintool, I guess it is off already.

Attachments

• p5qem_20220216.zip
    5 MB · Views: 77
@Jasonhacks If I didn't explain clearly, I mean the DSDT CPU edit works with C state disabled. Without this edit CPU speed stepping doesn't work. Performance gap is huge, working Geekbench 2225/6822 single/multi-core, non-working falls to 684/5276 single/multi-core.

I'm dealing with the exact same problem right now. I have a Asus P5QE board with a Q9650 CPU and GT 710 GPU. I've managed to get almost everything working on Big Sur using OpenCore but cannot seem to fix shutdown. I also tried following the Dortania guide but searching my DSDT turned up 44 instances of _PRW. The information from the guide is very sparse (one paragraph) and seems to be assuming newer hardware. I also have no idea how to create the recommended SSDT. Any help would certainly be appreciated.
I can make a sum up after the issue is resolved.

I managed to fix my shutdown problem using this DSDT patch via MaciASL:

Code:
# Maintained by: PJALM ([email protected]) for: http://pjalm.com/repos/

# These patches are the registered property of PJALM.COM and can not be
# redistributed or modified without the written consent of PJALM.COM.
# Links to these patches are allowed. All material is protected under the DMCA.

# Last Updated  : 05/07/2016
# Patch Name    : Shutdown Fix - ASUS
# Patch Version : 1.0

# ASUS Shutdown Fix
into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matched begin
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n
        Else\n
        {\n
%1
        }

I believe Clover uses this same patch for it's FixShutdow. There are also two Rehabman versions of this patch in the MaciASL patch repository. They all seem to work for me.

Although this seems to work, I really don't like using my full DSDT with OpenCore. The Dortania guide seems to frown on this as well. My plan is to make this a triple boot machine with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I don't know what effect this patch will have on those OSes. My preference would be to construct an SSDT from this patch, but I don't have any experience with this type of programming.

I have attached both the unpatched and patched DSDT files. My system DSDT was obtained using F4 in the Clover boot menu. The DSDT patch was applied using the Legacy compiler in MaciASL (ver 1.6.2) which you can select in the Preferences menu. Using the default Stable compiler produced a fatal error which I did not know how to correct. The MaciASL Legacy compiler also produced several nonfatal warnings but did allow me to successfully compile. If anyone can provide me with some assistance in making a SSDT from this patch I would be most grateful.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    37.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSDT_patched.aml
    37.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I managed to fix my shutdown problem using this DSDT patch via MaciASL:

Code:
# Maintained by: PJALM ([email protected]) for: http://pjalm.com/repos/

# These patches are the registered property of PJALM.COM and can not be
# redistributed or modified without the written consent of PJALM.COM.
# Links to these patches are allowed. All material is protected under the DMCA.

# Last Updated  : 05/07/2016
# Patch Name    : Shutdown Fix - ASUS
# Patch Version : 1.0

# ASUS Shutdown Fix
into method label _PTS code_regex_not If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\) code_regex ^((?:.|\n)*)$ replace_matched begin
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) {}\n
        Else\n
        {\n
%1
        }

I believe Clover uses this same patch for it's FixShutdow. There are also two Rehabman versions of this patch in the MaciASL patch repository. They all seem to work for me.

Although this seems to work, I really don't like using my full DSDT with OpenCore. The Dortania guide seems to frown on this as well. My plan is to make this a triple boot machine with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I don't know what effect this patch will have on those OSes. My preference would be to construct an SSDT from this patch, but I don't have any experience with this type of programming.

I have attached both the unpatched and patched DSDT files. My system DSDT was obtained using F4 in the Clover boot menu. The DSDT patch was applied using the Legacy compiler in MaciASL (ver 1.6.2) which you can select in the Preferences menu. Using the default Stable compiler produced a fatal error which I did not know how to correct. The MaciASL Legacy compiler also produced several nonfatal warnings but did allow me to successfully compile. If anyone can provide me with some assistance in making a SSDT from this patch I would be most grateful.

If anyone is interested, I found someone who provided me an SSDT for the DSDT shutdown fix I mentioned above. A full discussion and credit for the attached files can be found here. Remember, this SSDT was made based on an DSDT from an Asus P5Q-E. It may or may not work for your board.

Attachments

• SSDT-XPTS.aml
    80 bytes · Views: 65
  • XPTS-patch.plist
    1.1 KB · Views: 66
@Jasonhacks I rebuilt a fresh copy Big Sur, now shutdown works great. I guess some "corrupted" files left on the system due to shutdown issue happened earlier. You DSDT edit works great. Thanks a lot again for helping.

@MacGeoDoc I test the SSDT shutdown edit, it works for me also. Congratulation for having it done. it is amazing this 10-years old machine still running up-to-date OS.

@semson Can I know what cpu temperature you having when idling? when Power management and no power management.

@semson Can I know what cpu temperature you having when idling? when Power management and no power management.
For me without proper speed stepping CPU running very lag, HWMonitor shows full speed all time but actually performance isn't, temperature is low about 30 degree. Once Speed stepping enabled temp goes to 45 degree, performance is normal.

C state needs to disable in BIOS to allow speed stepping working in macOS

Back