Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i7-8700K + Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 + Aorus GTX 1070ti + 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burukhtan, Thanks for the detailed guide. I was wondering what if anything you have in your efi folder efi/clover/ACPI/Patched ? I'm assuming you didn't create a DDST patch for the USB3 ports on that MOBO.
Starting a very similar build later this week and am going to follow your lead for the most part.

Thanks

Hi! I didn't create DDST patch. If you will, would be glad to get it.

Hi There, I'm building a very comparable build this Saturday. I was wondering if you did the install with the iGPU or with your monitor connected to the GTX 1070 Ti?

Hi There, I'm building a very comparable build this Saturday. I was wondering if you did the install with the iGPU or with your monitor connected to the GTX 1070 Ti?
No, monitor was connected to GPU.
How is your build?

No, monitor was connected to GPU.
How is your build?
Hi, Thanks. I also connected it to the GPU. Worked out fine.

The build is very nice. It's my first. I have some problems with USB devices. I think I have to take a look at the kext's again. I believe I did something wrong. The port limit one is missing.

There've also been two random shutdowns. Can that be USB related?

This build is for a friend. It's running very well, he uses it full time 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. After Effects and Premiere non stop. So I actually think two random shutdowns is pretty good considering. But it would be nice if it was flawless.

As I said, the build was very comparable. Biggest difference is a 1080 instead of a 1070Ti.

The only problem I have now is "fan stop" on my Gigabyte GPU. In idle - it's spinning on and off constantly.
Random shutdowns can be caused by overclocking. I set mine to 4.8, and it's fine.

Hmm Fan stop sounds weird. I haven't overclocked it just yet, so that's probably not the issue.

Hmm Fan stop sounds weird. I haven't overclocked it just yet, so that's probably not the issue.
How did you overclocked? what is your model?
I think I can't overclock Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back