Graphics
RX Vega 64 Founders Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a few weeks of tinkering and with the amazing help of @kgp and his extended guides, and research I have finally completed my Mojave transition. The system performs flawlessly and with marginally better results in computing vs Windows.

IMG_3583.jpg
IMG_3585.jpg IMG_3586.jpg

I won't go much into detail how to install as its almost 1:1 implementation from @kgp's guide.

Hardware Specs:

Motherboard:
GA-X99-Ultra Gaming + CG Alpine Ridge Add-in Card
CPU: Intel i7-6950X
RAM: 32GB (4x8) Corsair Dominator 3000
Boot Drive: Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 500GB
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition
PSU: EVGA 1000 G+
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro
Wifi/BT: OSXWIFI: BT 4.0 & 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Mac Pro Antennas for cleaner back panel look
Monitor 1: 27" Dell UP2715k 5k UltraSharp
Monitor 2: 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display

Prep for Installation:

BIOS Settings: Load the default values and change the outlined settings
M.I.T
X.M.P = Profile 1 – Mhz depending on your CPU/Memory
Advanced CPU Core Settings
Intel(R) Turbo Boos Max Technology 3.0 = Enable. (not available in i7 5820k)
Hyper-Threading Technology = Enable
CPU Enhanced Halt(C1E+ = Enable
C3 State Support = Enable
C6/C7 State Support = Enable
CPU EIST Function = Enable (different than the guide as "Disabled" reduces cpu benchmark results after sleep)
BIOS
Windows 8/10 Features = Windows 8/10
CSM Support = Disabled
Peripherals
EHCI Hand-off = Enabled
Inter(R) Thunderbolt Support (option unavailable if no Thunderbolt AIC is installed)
Inter(R) Thunderbolt Support = Disabled (currently it breaks sleep so I keep it at disabled)
Chipset
XHCI Mode = Enabled

Prepare your EFI USB:
Configure config.plist and TSCAdjustRest.kext based on your CPU & GPU
My RX Vega 64 works OOB with all ports if I use macPro 6,1 definition but VegaGraphicsFixup.kext is needed for iMac Pro.

Prepare Installation USB:
I used this guide to create Installation USB as it allows to install on HFS+ partition.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.37.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 9.44.57 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Hi. Can you ss the Displays setting window with different scaling options please? Curious if it shows retina scaling. Thanks.

Hi. Can you ss the Displays setting window with different scaling options please? Curious if it shows retina scaling. Thanks.
Yes, here it is.
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.27.37 PM.png

Hi Drevan, I would like to ask you how your thunderbolt goes, thanks for the reply

Hi drevan i've thew same motherboard can you send me the screenshot of your thunderbolt setting... and witch bios firmware do you have? my thunderbolt doesn't survive to restart.

Hi drevan i've thew same motherboard can you send me the screenshot of your thunderbolt setting... and witch bios firmware do you have? my thunderbolt doesn't survive to restart.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I switched to Asus X99A-II as one of the ram slots on the GA board went bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back