Contribute
Register

[success] i7 3770K, Z77x-UD5H, 16GB, 480GB SSD, RAID-0 2x2 TB, Geforce GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known problem with usb1 the one near the memory, use one of the other ports usb2 or usb3.

upgraded
- now 32 GB memory (geIL, 1.600MHz)
- Apple Trackpad + Bluetooth adapter

the complete system runs like a charm, no crashes, no issues
all AppStore based application and OS updates have been running completely without any problems

Hi congrats to your nice build! :thumbup:
I have a question concerning the Saffire Pro 14. I have a similar build using the same CPU and motherboard. I also want to use the Saffire Pro 14 but I cannot make it work without distortion. I described my problem here in more detail:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/857...pro-14-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html#post530268
The only different thing in my build basically is the memory (which I think does not cause the problem) and my graphic and WLAN card. I have the feeling it could be my graphic card (GTX 650 Ti) and therefor my questions are as follows. Do I need to switch off the onboard graphic card (in BIOS) or is it done by itself? I cannot quite remember if I set graphics enabler=0 but I think I did so. What does it actually do? Reading my thread, do you have an idea what could be the reason of my audio interface problem?
Thank you very much in advance,

cheers, Ulli :)

P.S. are you using your onboard firewire? I mean because it's not a Texas instruments chipset and people recommend to use one of these…

Now, the systm is running for over one year now,. with absolutely NO CRASH !!!
Just upgraded my GPU, now running GT640 and GTX670 in combination side by side.
Meanwhile 10.8.5 is on the SSD and it runs perfectly smooth.

Added another SSD, which holds Windows as the OS for the gambling :)
Switch between Mac and Win during startup by choosing the OS to boot from.

Everything is very nice, folks.

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back