Contribute
Register

[success] i7 3770K, Z77x-UD5H, 16GB, 480GB SSD, RAID-0 2x2 TB, Geforce GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished update to 10.8.2 with intrinsic AppStore update function (direct update via AppStore):
Download took a few minutes, update took 3 minutes, then reboot, system login and everything still working smoothly (chimera boot loader ok, network/internet ok, audio ok, discs online, all my apps run again etc.).
No MultiBeast, nothing ... looks good so far ... keep you posted ...

additional info: since 10.8.2 the little white blinking area on the left side of the screen during login procedure is gone

one question concerning Bluetooth adapter:
The adapter obviously must be inserted in USB slot while booting the Mac. Adding the Adapter afterwards when the system is up, won't do.
I guess this is because the Mac OS checks and enables all those active interfaces while booting the system and loads kexts as they are needed.

Is there an option to insert a bluetooth dongle and activate the bluetooth adapter when the system is already up and running ?

The system is no up and running for 4 weeks:
- no issues
- no reboot
- no crash

everything works fine (Logic, Final Cut ProX, games etc.)

The system is no up and running for 4 weeks:
- no issues
- no reboot
- no crash

everything works fine (Logic, Final Cut ProX, games etc.)

Hello

I have the same motherboard and cpu as you, but using HD4000 graphics as I do not have any graphics card yet. Can you view youtube videos without any problem using Firefox (or safari) ? I have started to check the threads and it seems that the video issue is linked with HD4000. My issue on my newly setup build is that on Firefox, I just get a black video window. On Safari, it's I get the circling timer on a black video window . Before giving up on HD4000 and buying out a graphics card, I would like to find out the cause and/or a possible solution to that problem. And also be sure that videos (youtube and facetime most importantly , but also all flashbased videos on the net) can play smoothly with a graphics card.

I also have an issue with my bootime, it takes some 30 or 40 seconds or more and according to your intitial post, this might also be linked with HD4000.

During the ML setup I had issues with my GT 640, so I removed the card and did a fresh install with HD-4000 only and added the GT 640 after the final installation reboot. There was no need to install any drivers or so. The GT 640 simply worked out of the box ony my two monitors - insert card, reboot, two screens.

I don't use HD 4000 right now, GT 640 is working perfect.

just keep me posted :)

just keep me posted :)

I had got to the point of getting a KP while trying to make my HD4000 work and wasn't able to boot anymore. So I ordered and received over the weekend this Gigabyte GC. I did a fresh install with HD4000 initially, then ran multibeast and re-booted with the GC : This went like a breeze : Reduced boot tilme to just a few seconds, resolution to 1920x1200 automatically set , OOB. Youtube has been running smoothly since yesterday, but today I had issues with Firefox dispalying 'this video is not available', safari was working fine though. Then I noticed that ,I am not sure why, Firefox was trying to run the HTML 5 version of youtube. I deactivated that and, cross-fingers, things are alright again since.

Some of the remaining issues that I am having are with my USB 3.0 ports. They do not seem to read USB 2.0 THUMBDRIvES. I haven't fully tested all my ports yet, but at least my front port ( plugged on USB_1 on the MB) didn't . I do not have a USB 3.0 device yet to test , but I'll try to do so soon. My front audio port is not working (plugged on the HD Audio header on the MB). My back audio orange and black ports work but not the green one.

Any issues with these yourself? It seems to be common issues on the Z77-UD5H, reading some of the other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back