Contribute
Register

Success! i7-2600k - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 16GB RAM - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
Apple OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) doesn't support VGA. Apple hasn't supported VGA in a OS in....almost a decade.

Glad I am reading this thread, just to confirm... I need to use DVI if I want to make a Hackintosh? VGA will not work correct?

Thank God my monitor has a DVI input, I thought it was VGA only. I was about to freak out :eek:

Well, since this is a HD 3000 oriented thread, the mobo VGA is not supported in OS X when using Intel Integrated Graphics HD 3000

I need to make this distinction because VGA is supported on some graphics cards; e.g., the EVGA GT210 graphics card. Unless you are using an older monitor, this shouldn't be a problem considering most monitors available of the past couple of years which come with DVI and DisplayPort connections.

Im unable to boot from the SSD disk. iBoot via Thumb drive runs ok. When I set the SSD to be the boot drive in Bios, it is stuck on "Loading system". From iBoot the it runs ok.
Where should I start error searching?

Svend

valkeriefire said:
It is possible you have a bad RAM module. Have you tried memtest86? You can burn a DVD or USB to run it.

that's what i thought in the first place, but no, they're ok!
i even changed the kit from blu to white corsair just in case, and i still have the same issue..
might be the mobo.. i'll have to ask for a replacement

gelkamar said:
valkeriefire said:
It is possible you have a bad RAM module. Have you tried memtest86? You can burn a DVD or USB to run it.

that's what i thought in the first place, but no, they're ok!
i even changed the kit from blu to white corsair just in case, and i still have the same issue..
might be the mobo.. i'll have to ask for a replacement

I got the same type of weird slowness issues in OSX when I changed from 4x2GB RAM to 4x4GB RAM using the HD3000 (and more or less the same hardware). Adding a Nvidia GT 240 graphics card solved it for me.

Let me know if you figure it out.

For those of you having memory problems and are using the Gigabyte BIOS default memory parameter settings, change the XMP Profile from Default to Profile1. This will allow the BIOS to read the memory's characteristics and set the memory parameters in the BIOS accordingly.

AdvMemSettingsXMP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back