Contribute
Register

Success! i7-2600k - GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 - 16GB RAM - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
VGA out from the mobo or graphics card. Nothing will come from a VGA port after booting into SL or Lion.
Right you are, sorry for that.

Yesterday I tried to set the GPU freq to 1100, but still I get horizontal lines now and then (I've only seen them in Safari I believe). However, before I was also getting distorted black letters in Finder, but I cannot reproduce them anymore, so that seems to be fixed..

Any guess on what I can try next to improve my system?

[update] I just noticed system profiler says my RAM is running at 1333MHz, while it should be 1600MHz..

Great post, dude! :headbang: Thanks for all the steps.

I have almost the same setup (mobo, memory, CPU, SSD anyway) so I'll definitely be keeping up with this discussion as it moves along.

Stork said:
VGA out from the mobo or graphics card. Nothing will come from a VGA port after booting into SL or Lion.
I bought myself a DisplayPort to VGA adaptor for my second screen. It works for me. The onboard screen is connected to the HDMI port through a DVI to HDMI adapter because I can fit stuff in my case better.

qris said:
Yesterday I tried to set the GPU freq to 1100, but still I get horizontal lines now and then (I've only seen them in Safari I believe). However, before I was also getting distorted black letters in Finder, but I cannot reproduce them anymore, so that seems to be fixed..

Any guess on what I can try next to improve my system?

[update] I just noticed system profiler says my RAM is running at 1333MHz, while it should be 1600MHz..

I had the same problems. For the correct RAM frequency you can select Profile 2 (or was it 1?) somewhere in the BIOS settings for the RAM and that will recognize your actual RAM speed automatically. I think I found that one in Stork's Sandy Bridge build thread.
I still got occasional artifacts then until I took out one 4GB bar of RAM leaving me with 12GB, which should be enough anyways.
I may install the flash plugin now and see if it does any harm. It shouldn't be a problem to undo that, I guess. :confused:

pnguyen951 said:
I don't have a SSD but I use CCC to clone my Lion 10.70 partition to a backup partition which boots up fine. Same board and bios and HD3000 video as you. Only I use the Realtek 2.0.6 ethernet not the Lnx2Mac...ethernet connection works well. Doubt it's the different ethernet kext that's causing your issue or maybe it's the external backup (usb?)

Thanks, I finally got it right now. CCC got stuck a couple of times when I used the second option in the drop down menu but when I tried it with the first one it finally worked. So I installed chimera and got it to boot :) .

kryz said:
I still got occasional artifacts then until I took out one 4GB bar of RAM leaving me with 12GB, which should be enough anyways.
I may install the flash plugin now and see if it does any harm. It shouldn't be a problem to undo that, I guess. :confused:
Thanks a lot! I just pulled out one RAM module, leaving me with only 12GB ;) I only did this now, cause I couldn't believe RAM could have anything to do with it. Still, I'm confused about the why..

Btw, we now officially have the exact same hardware and software :D

Hope this also prevents the rare system freezes I had before!

gelkamar said:
@gino8080
Thanks man,
SSD is the bomb! you wouldn't imagine how damn fast it is, actually it's the fastest machine i've ever seen, and i'm sure SSD makes the difference, with 450Mb/s is like more than 4 time faster than common hard drives, even compared with the fast ones it still wins,
I might say it's the money best spent ever in a piece of technology, worth every penny

Guys i just installed my new OCZ SSD 120 gig!!!
SOO FAST!!!

just a Question for anyone (Tony are you also there? :D),
on another topic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45127&start=0
a guy with a Corsair Force III 120 GB SSD
choosed the 3rd Party SATA from the multibeast disk kext
Whats the difference between the DISK KEXT:
1) 3rd Party SATA
and
2) 3rd Party eSATA?

obviously I have the same mobo as you 2 :)

thank you m8!!

qris said:
Thanks a lot! I just pulled out one RAM module, leaving me with only 12GB ;) I only did this now, cause I couldn't believe RAM could have anything to do with it. Still, I'm confused about the why..

Btw, we now officially have the exact same hardware and software :D

Hope this also prevents the rare system freezes I had before!

I'm happy to report that my build seems to be stable with the 12GB of RAM. I also installed the flash plugin and everything's fine. I did a slight overclock so my turbo boost can go up to 4.3 GHz now. Geekbench score is now 15100 but it gets pretty hot (around 90°C) under full load with only the stock cooler. But I think it should be fine.

How do I fix Ethernet (en0)

Best Regards
Svend

Hi all. I am typing this post from my new box with (almost) the same specs... thanks for your help everyone!! Haven't tweaked it fully just yet, but everything that is supposed to be working "out of the box" is working so far... sweet!! :)

I had quite a few problems making this system work dual-boot Win7/Lion but that is probably due to the fact that i have no DVD drive in my case (yet) so I did everything via USB drives. (I'll post my obscure work-arounds in a follow-up post).

In the meantime I'm gonna kick back and enjoy a few beers with my new dual-boot i7 Hackintosh! Cheers! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-26 at 4.23.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-26 at 4.23.14 PM.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back