Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5 6600K | Gigabyte GTX 1070 | GIGABYTE Z170-Gaming K3 | Handoff & Apple Watch Unlock

Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170-Gaming K3 - Intel Z170
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, 8GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After waiting so long for the nVidia drivers for 10xx I tried to install the macOS on my gaming PC for developer purposes and turned out well.

Handoff and Apple watch unlock fix is available at bottom of this post.

The build:
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170-Gaming K3 - Intel Z170
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
  • RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133
  • PSU: Corsair CX Series CX550M 550W
  • Case: NZXT S340, black
  • SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO - 500GB, Basic
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, 8GB GDDR5
  • WiFi + Blootooth card: BCM94360CD with adapter, bought on eBay.com (you need card and PCIe X1 adapter.)
  • Display: Samsung UE50JU6872 - 125cm
Before we start:

I do not know if this will be relevant for your setup. But I wanted my computer to be able to run both Windows 10 and macOS. I am currently having 3 SSD 500 GB drives and one 1 TB HDD. I have unplugged (disconnected) all of them (both power and SATA cord) except the one drive I wanted to use for my macOS installation.
Now we are ready to setup a BIOS and start the installation.

BIOS setup:
  • First of all you want to start from a base line. Just Load Optimized Defaults settings in Save & Exit tab
BIOS_01.jpg
  • I did not changed anything in the Power Management tab but putting the screen just for a good measure. Check those values as well if you wish to minimise the risk of failure during installation.
BIOS_3.jpg
  • Turn off a Virtualization Technology VT-d and Internal Graphics in Chipset tab everything else in this tab should be enabled (was enabled during my installation).
BIOS_02.jpg
  • I set the Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot, Enabled the Legacy USB Support, Enabled the XHCI Hand-Off. Everything else should be default values, but to be sure, check it according to the screenshot.
BIOS_4.jpg
  • My Peripherals > OffBoard SATA Controller option is empty, so I am not able to give you any guidance there. But I assume you will have this empty as well.
BIOS_5.jpg
  • Peripherals > Trusted Computing > Security Device Support was and still is in Enabled state and the computer is working fine but I do not have any security devices.
BIOS_7.jpg
  • Peripherals > Super IO Configuration contains an important option for Serial Port 1 which should be Disabled.
BIOS_8.jpg
  • Peripherals > Intel(R) Bios Guard Technology > Intel Bios Guard Support should remain Disabled
BIOS_6.jpg
  • I do not remember the default values of Peripherals > SATA Configuration so you might want to check the attached screenshot. I believe I did change the SATA Mode Selection to AHCI. The rest is just default. One more time, I am pointing out, that I have disconnected all SSD drives except the one I wanted to install my macOS on. The screen bellow show a current state where are all drives connected again.
BIOS_9.jpg
  • There are several things I have changed in the BIOS Features tab. I am listing them below this configuration was at the bottom of the tab, so just go to BIOS Features and press an [Up arrow] and you should see them all in a while.
    • Windows 8/10 Features: Windows 8/10 WHQL
    • CMS Support: Disabled
    • Secure Boot: Disabled
BIOS_10.jpg
  • Since I have followed the guide from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...aming-7-gtx-1050-ti-thunderbolt-guide.223186/ he also recommends turn of the Chipset > Wake on Lan option. But I did not find this option in my BIOS setup as well as the Peripherals > Thunderbolt (TM) Configuration > Security Level which should be set to No Security. This is mainly because I have different motherboard, but mentioning those in case you will have problems during the installation process.
  • Just save the changes in Save & Exit > Save & Exit Setup
Installation
  • Boot from your USB 2.0 flash stick (Hold F12) during the boot and select the Flash drive. Than you will see the clover boot options. So just select the one with Sierra icon.
  • Once you select a preferred language go to a Utilities > Disk Utility and Erase your SSD drive with options:
    • OS X Extended (Journaled)
    • GUI Partition
  • After that you are ready to install the macOS on the SSD drive. Just follow the instructions and make a cup of tea, this will take approximately 10 minutes to finish. Do not login to your iCloud or do not create a new one.
Post installation

We need to do few more things in order to have our Graphic card working properly as well as Audio and Network and to be able to boot without the Flash drive.
  • Open Multibeast which you have inserted on that Flash stick before the installation. Options differ for each motherboard and your mackintosh build, but for this motherboard and build should be selected as follow:
    • Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
    • Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Realtek ALC1150
    • Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 / 200 Series Audio yes both of them should be selected
    • Drivers >Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-332.gf-3a8525c.1758
    • Drivers >Network > AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.0 I know the motherboard have Realtek network adapter, but any driver for Realtek did not work at all.
    • Drivers >USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
    • Drivers >USB > Increase Max Port Limit 100 Series
    • Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode
    • Customize > Graphics Configuration > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
    • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1
    • Then just go to Build tab and press Install the configuration should be the same as the screenshot below
Multibeast setup.jpg
Now you should be able to boot your macOS Sierra from the SSD drive. So restart your macOS and boot it from the SSD to try that out. You will have very slow macOS UI experience. But that is fine, because we have not installed the drivers yet. And we are going to install those right now.
  • Open your flash drive and install the nVidia drivers by opening WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01.pkg file.
  • Open System Preferences application (you can do it by typing this in the Spotlight CMD+SPACEBAR). Than open NVIDIA Driver Manager and select NVIDIA Web Driver option.
  • Reboot your system.
    • In case your system boot up and the graphic drivers are not working you can check the System Preferences > NVIDIA Driver Manager again and you might see the OS X Default Graphics Driver is still selected. Select the NVIDIA Web Driver again. Close the System Preferences app and download and run a Clover EFI Bootloader v2 https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
    • Before you hit the install button, select Customize. Check the option EmuVariableUefi-64 within Drivers64Uefi. Then press the Install button.
Install Clover v2.4k r4077 EFI bootloader 2017-06-18 01-40-31.jpg
  • Reboot your system and you will most likely see a Black screen right after the Apple logo disappears. Restart the system again (I did just hard restart on my case) and in the Clover Boot screen while selecting the macOS SSD Drive press a SPACEBAR. You will see a list of options, so select nv_disable=1 or you can put those in the clover boot arguments in the options.
  • Here you go, again the terribly slow macOS Sierra. Open your USB flash drive and open the AGDPfix app. Restart your system (make sure the nv_disable is turned off).
Now you should have the basics. Working macOS with hardware acceleration for you GUI. Do not login to your iCloud yet just wait after you setup your iMessage.

iMessage

In order to have FaceTime and iMessage working you can follow this tutorial here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

WiFi

I did bought the card and adapter after few months after this hackintosh build. But I bought original Apple card BCM94360CD with PCI express x1 adapter with four antennas and Wifi started working out of box.

Bluetooth
The bluetooth started working out of box as well. But I had a problem with a Handoff and Apple Watch unlock. The only thing I had to do was to sign out from my iCloud on my iPhone 6s and the Hackintosh. Then I signed in again starting with the iPhone and then the Hackintosh. If this will not help, try the opposite order (firstly your Hackintosh, than the iPhone). The handoff started working in few seconds and I was able to enable the Apple watch unlock function as well.

Attachments

• AGDPfix.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Thanks Koprkuba, I followed your guide and links you provided and I succeeded in my first hackintosh.

At the moment of my install, downloadable Sierra version was 10.12.6. This affect Nvidia drivers (10.12.5 are not good) but you only need to google them and download new version.

I got same mobo than you but bios is slightly different. Anyway I duplicated all your settings (some item has changed menu but it's just a matter of seconds to find it out).

There's a little discrepancy between your multibeast configuration and recap screenshot. You said to select 3rd party usb3.0 but recap screenshot does not show it. I have not selected it and it works.

it required two tentatives to make my gpu (1050 ti) working properly. I followed your instruction once but didnt work. I tried again a second time and it worked.
Instead of manual setting nv_disable, i used the clover option ("use nvidia web drivers"). it worked.

Thanks again

hey koprkuba, could you please share your clover folder in your efi? have been trying this past weekend to get my new 1070 working, and so fare the only way to boot is with nv_disable=1.

Hi, @migigenDK, sure thing. But you should be able to modify the kext by the proposed guide:

Link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem4
See: Problem 4, Method 1

Step by step:
Download latest stable RELEASE.zip from https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
and download https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup/ as well.

Place all files NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM on your desktop.
Download KextBeast https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/kextbeast-2-0-1.310/ which can be found in the Download section here on tonymacx86 https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/tonymacx86-downloads.3/

Run the KextBeast, during the installation select /Library/Extensions checkbox.
This should fix your problems.

Anyway, I would prefer not to share my CLOVER folder from EFI, since it contains my serial numbers for the Hackintosh. Also it contains my settings for the specific components on my motherboard (sound card, network card, ...). So it would cause more problems for you than it would solve.

Please let me know if the nVidia fix worked for you. Also please check that your config.plist in your CLOVER folder contain the Boolean option NvidiaWeb and it is set to YES.
config.plist 2017-09-05 13-35-06.jpg

I did previously try all 4 methods with no luck, also tried changing smbios to iMac 14,2 and Mac Pro 6,1 with no luck.
completely okay you dont want to share the folder, but I simply can't figure out where it went wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back