Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] i5 2500k-GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3-Radeon 6850-Lion 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the SSD is your boot drive, plug it into the top port on the gray set of ports. Plug the HDD in below it. Plug the DVD drive into one of the white sata ports. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Did that... no change in speed (that I can see, and benchmarks via Blackmagic Disk Speed Test)... my SSD is a SATA 3 and I have a SATA 3 cable for it but I'm obviously not getting it all plugged into the right places... please help!

EDIT 2: put the SSD cable in the middle on bottom and rebooted..... this is what I am getting as far as benchmarks :( my HDD gets better write speeds than this right now....
ScreenShot2012-03-23at115724AM.jpg

someone please help

That is weird. You should be getting at least 250mbps, even if you are using a SATAII port. In the BIOS you have ACHI enabled right? I am not sure if you OS X would even install without that, but if you are in IDE mode, that could kill your speeds.

Go into the bios, select advanced options, and see if it is IDE, ACHI, or RAID. Then let us know.

I have a Crucial M4 SSD and get the spec speeds on blackmagic without trying. All I did was set to ACHI, and then install 3rd party SATA in Multibeast.

yeah, it's all set to AHCI i'm sure but I will check later tonight.... when you run your benchmark (I assume your SSD is your boot drive) where do you tell it to run? the root? Cuz it tells me that it can't run it there b/c it is "read only" or whatever so I run it off of the desktop....

3rd party sata was checked in multibeast too but I will re check it and re install to make sure

EDIT: yep, AHCI is set in BIOS and i reinstalled 3rd party sata..... I am getting worse scores than ever before :(

Hey sorry for the delayed response!

When I first built this, I found that audio worked OOB

After reinstalling a few times (unrelated issues lol) I found that I did in fact need some options from multibeast

I just upgraded this build to Mountain Lion, and you can find my new screenshots here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-ud2h-b3-i5-2500k-6850-10-8-a.html#post413759 for multibeast and hopefully that will help you

if not let me know and I will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back