Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P9X79
CPU
Xeon E5 2670v1
Graphics
R9 280X / GTX 1050
Hello every one. After 2 years with El Capitan and my currently work station, I decided to make some optimisations and a good OSX update. The idea was:
-buy a new SSD as working drive ( Samsung 860EVO 250Gb )
-format my last SSD as cache drive for my adobe soft like Bridge, Premiere, & AfterEffect ( Samsung 840PRO 128Gb )
-install the last OSX I can

I started the update in may, but for I discovered the black screen issue with my graphic card - MSI R9 280X Gaming. After read several threads I decided to wait. I had no success. In october I decided to replace my graphics card with a Nvidia one. I often read Nvidia cards were easier to install without black screen issues. But 2 days after buying it, I heard there was no Nvidia drivers for Mojave... So I'm here with HighSierra !

Actually here is my config, and how I managed to make my installation:
Asus P9X79
Xeon E5 - 2670 ( 8 cores + hyper threading ) + Watercooling Lepa Aquachanger 120
16 Go DDR 3 ( 2x8Go dual channel at this moment )
MSI GTX1050 2Gb OC
SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Gb as working drive
SSD Samsung 840Pro 128Gb as cache
DD WD 1To for data

+ 2To for full TimeMachine ( WD MyBook USB3.0 )

Install process:

- First read the process before to start and download kexts and software and need.

- I made a fresh because I used my new SSD. I tried to make a clone of my old SSD and make an update but the conversion to apfs format was too long. So I decided to make a fresh install. I created my bootable USB stick with with Unibeast as in the installation guide on my ElCapitan HackPro.

-Step 2: Create a Bootable USB with UniBeast

-Step 3: Recommended BIOS Settings

- Boot on your USB Stick, and when you see the clover windows sue the argument dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 (with the new clover version in Unibeast I have no argument for Nvidia graphics ) before to choose "Boot MacOS_HighSierra_Install" from USB Stick.

- At this time follow the installation guide ( as I said I decided to use the apfs format for my SSD ):

-Step 4: Install OS X El Capitan

- At the reboot of the HighSierra installer choose to boot with your USB stick. At the clover screen use again the argument dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 before to load your new HighSierra install. Complete your HighSierra setup.
Run Multibeast and click on Quick Start. Choose UEFI Boot Mode. In driver choose audio Realtek 892 and Ethernet Intel ( take the last version ). Click in Customize to inject your mother board driver.
Choose your system definition. I choose MacPro 6,1.

Capture d’écran 2018-12-05 à 21.22.01.png

- Try to boot directly on your Hard drive with the argument in clover. For an unknown reason, my mother board don't see my EFI partition when it's on an internal drive except if I create a legacy partition. I have no idea why. Maybe I should update my bios. So I decided to make an USB key with an EFI and Clover to boot my Hackintosh. And everything work fine.

- At this moment all work except the power management. So this is the time to use the migration tool with my TimeMachine to recover all my softs, cracks, and setup. 1 hour later, I had the same computer as in ElCapitan but with HighSierra instead.

For the Power Management I used this thread from Insanelymac:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...dge-e-power-management-1013-appstore-release/
First I was really disappointed. I followed step by step the tuto but at the reboot nothing worked. I found the solution
accidentally when I took the time to take a look at my extension folder. I saw the nullcpupowermanagement.kext. I deleted it and reboot and then I recovered my turboboost...

TADAAAA......

To conclue: Hackintosh is not always an easy thing. This is my 5th install for 3 differents computers and I spend 1 week to arrive at this point. I hope this tutorial can help some others beginners... I forgot 2 thinks: sorry for my bad english, and if you have some issues with this tuto, you can find so solutions with my other tuto for ElCapitan.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-elcapitan-asus-p9x79-xeon-2670.201259/

I'm banging my head against the wall with this one. Got the same mobo, using at GTX 770, using the same boot flags you are, can't seem to get very far. Which version of High Sierra did you use? 10.13.3 is what I'm trying to install. used Unibeast to make my USB installer. Do you mind sharing your config.plist? Also what kexts did you have installed on the USB installer?

What changes did you make in the bios? I've tried disabling USB 3.0, didn't help.

Thanks!

Sorry, I'll fix this. I have about 4 different hacks running in the office so it will probably change depending on what I'm having trouble with. Trying to get a few of them updated to High Sierra.

I've tried a bunch of different things with boot flags and kexts installed on the EFI. The furthest I've been able to get is IOTimeSyncClockManager::interfaceMatched registered service and then it just hangs and eventually gives me the circle with a line through it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Picture of kexts installed and also my config.plist Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 2.53.00 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.6 KB · Views: 226
I have about 4 different hacks running in the office so it will probably change depending on what I'm having trouble with. Trying to get a few of them updated to High Sierra.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.

I take a look on your config.plist. It's strange, you have so many thinks on it. I saw some line about Mountain Lion. As Brebo said, how many systems are used, and how many system do you really need?

My first advice: switch off all others systems drives. Keep only you install drive and you install_key. I used the last Unibeast ( for high sierra of course ) and High Sierra 10.13.4 to create my install USB Key, and I add nothing on it. On my mother board I changed nothing into the UEFI Bios compare my ElCapitan install. It worked at the first boot. I just added in clover my arguments: dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 .

The most important is not how to have my full hack working, but it's more how to get the installer, and after get the system on the two or three installation reboot. Step by step.

Last edited:
I tried going pretty vanilla with just using unibeast to create the drive. That didn't work so I started searching all over for additional options. I'll try and start from scratch to see what happens. You don't happen to have your config.plist you used to install still do you? I was using clover config to try and add to the .plist depending on what I was seeing in my search.

I'm not too worried about the other systems at the moment. Just need to get this one up and running. Eventually I'll get to those and add them to the bio.

Here is the config.plist I used for the installer with Clover (not vanilla or whatever ). A generic one... I also think there are too much kexts in the kexts folder from clover. In mine, all folders are empty except the "Other" folder with 4 kexts. See in attachment.

I can send you my full working config.plist when you succeed to make your first boot. But I'm now sur it will be a good think because we don't have the same proco ( mine is Sandy Bridge ) so my power management could create some crash with your Ivy-Bridge.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Capture d’écran 2018-12-13 à 21.04.53.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-12-13 à 21.04.53.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Man, I can't believe I'm having this much trouble here. So I created a brand new fresh installer with Unibeast. I copied over your config.plist, I also tried it with the one that was created by Unibeast. I'm still getting it to hang at IOTimeSyncClockManager.

My bios settings I've loaded defaults and changed Intel Virtualization Technology -> Disable, EHCI Handoff -> Enabled, and Secure Boot - OS Type -> Other OS. I have also tried it with disabling USB 3.0.

I'm using the exact same boot flags you are dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 plus I'm adding nv_disable=1 and sometimes adding nvda_drv=1

I've attached images of the different messages I'm seeing. The first one I see before clover even boots, it's right after selecting the UEFI of the USB: APFSstart : 1454: Mounting with apfs_efi_osx-748.41.3

Then after entering the boot flags and starting clover I see the second message: OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

Finally that one goes away and I see the verbose loading data that gets hung up on IOTimeSyncClockManager.

Any ideas anyone? Should I start a brand new thread on this instead of hijacking 220184's? Thanks in advance for any help!

IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5857.JPGIMG_5860.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back