I5-3750K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everybody,

So I am new to this, and I am building my first system here.

I have some old PC Hardware which i like to use:

MSI z77a-G43 - Intel I5-3570K
Nvidia GTX 670
16 GB Ram Corsair Vengeance 1600
256 GB SSD SkHynix which I already formatted to MacOS Journaled
600W PSU

I already created to boot stick with UniBeast and set everything on the mainboard like people here in the forum posted.

When I am trying to boot from the stick, at first, I see the Apple Logo and then a Stop Sign (circle with line through)
I tried to boot with verbose, and I am getting an Error at Start ReadkernelCache
Error!!! Load Prelinked Kernel with status 0x800000000000000c
Error loading kernel cache (0xc)

I tried different mainboard settings so far nothing works.

Maybe I am wrong, and I can't even install High Sierra with my Hardware? I will try to get an older OS and build a new BootStick with it.

Also maybe I am doing this totally wrong, and you give will just facepalm me, But I would be happy if some one could help me.

Thx

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody,

So I am new to this, and I am building my first system here.

I have some old PC Hardware which i like to use:

MSI z77a-G43 - Intel I5-3570K
Nvidia GTX 670
16 GB Ram Corsair Vengeance 1600
256 GB SSD SkHynix which I already formatted to MacOS Journaled
600W PSU

I already created to boot stick with UniBeast and set everything on the mainboard like people here in the forum posted.

When I am trying to boot from the stick, at first, I see the Apple Logo and then a Stop Sign (circle with line through)
I tried to boot with verbose, and I am getting an Error at Start ReadkernelCache
Error!!! Load Prelinked Kernel with status 0x800000000000000c
Error loading kernel cache (0xc)

I tried different mainboard settings so far nothing works.

Maybe I am wrong, and I can't even install High Sierra with my Hardware? I will try to get an older OS and build a new BootStick with it.

Also maybe I am doing this totally wrong, and you give will just facepalm me, But I would be happy if some one could help me.

Thx

Eric

Did you set the all correct BIOS options as required in the Installation Guide?

Hi 007

yes i set eveything right imo.
I thought i did a bios update last year with the board so I did not check that right away.... it was still the old firmware so I flashed the latest bios and voila I could load the installer...
I Formated the ssd and started the installation. Everything looked fine until the reboot when I got a message that High Sierra could not be installed completely...
But I think I will figure it out somehow :D

Maybe I will try to set up the boot stick one more time...

But if you have any suggestions I would be happy of course.

Best regards

Eric

Hello again,

i got everything to work yesterday. I managed to install High Sierra and boot into it. I set everything up with Multibeast and so far everything is working as it should. I also managed to install a Bluetooth adapter and got sound and a keyboard working over BT. Also my GTX 670 is working perfectly.

Iam very thankfull for every Thread people posted in this forum about this Mainboard and ofc for the nice Guides, Software etc by Tonymacx!!

Best Regards

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back