Contribute
Register

[Success] Hackintosh on a Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF & MT Mojave(10.14.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IOConsoleUsers KP is always graphics related. You'll need to change your config.plist to make it work. How exactly, I have no idea. Never owned the 7050 model.

Hi! first, thanks for providing this info. I appreciate your effort.

Second: I was curious if anyone had issues with kernel panic and reboot before ever getting to the install? I know that's vague, I'll provide some detail.

I started with an existing mojave thumb drive that I had installed a dell 7010 with, and I just replaced the EFI folder with the provided one, the I tried with newly made drive with the provided EFI, I attempted to change the model between a 14,2 iMac, a 17,1, and an 18,x (whichever one listed the i5). nothing I have tried so far as worked.

a few times I would get a "unsupported PCH" after a little research I tried changing the iMac model. I don't recall my specific change, but I got past that error. I haven't caught the panic that causes the reboot, but the last thing I see on the screen before is rapid scrolls to a stop is the attempt to call up several item that look like they're trying to access the internet, one has a path to a sntp service, etc.

I have a 7050 SFF with an i5 (presumably the 7500T, but I can't remember at the moment)
I don't have a GT730, but I have tried an old Radeon card. (I have set the inject ati and radeon flags, if various combination when trying using the Radeon video card. I'm really only using the HD630 graphics.
I have tried to install with a sata ssd and an NVMe Patriot Scorch Gen3x2 (i have removed the NVMe and tried disabling the port with no change)
I have tried using an SSD that have Mojave installed already and just changing the EFI with the provided one.

I can't be certain of the reason, but I have tried off and on for some time, I have an install app that was down loaded in the last month so my current version is at least 10.14.4 or higher. So far nothing I have tired has worked and I consistently get a kernel panic, I have been searching this site and others, but I either don't know what to search for, or I'm just not finding an answer that works for me.

thanks for any advice or help anyone can provide. I'm doing my best to research and learn, but I have been banging my head for months now.

I'm going to try to figure out how to out put a file so I can see what the panic is (pretty sure that's a thing), and for giggles unplug the network cable since the last message I can read is failed attempt to reach internet services.

Hi! first, thanks for providing this info. I appreciate your effort.

Second: I was curious if anyone had issues with kernel panic and reboot before ever getting to the install? I know that's vague, I'll provide some detail.

I started with an existing mojave thumb drive that I had installed a dell 7010 with, and I just replaced the EFI folder with the provided one, the I tried with newly made drive with the provided EFI, I attempted to change the model between a 14,2 iMac, a 17,1, and an 18,x (whichever one listed the i5). nothing I have tried so far as worked.

a few times I would get a "unsupported PCH" after a little research I tried changing the iMac model. I don't recall my specific change, but I got past that error. I haven't caught the panic that causes the reboot, but the last thing I see on the screen before is rapid scrolls to a stop is the attempt to call up several item that look like they're trying to access the internet, one has a path to a sntp service, etc.

I have a 7050 SFF with an i5 (presumably the 7500T, but I can't remember at the moment)
I don't have a GT730, but I have tried an old Radeon card. (I have set the inject ati and radeon flags, if various combination when trying using the Radeon video card. I'm really only using the HD630 graphics.
I have tried to install with a sata ssd and an NVMe Patriot Scorch Gen3x2 (i have removed the NVMe and tried disabling the port with no change)
I have tried using an SSD that have Mojave installed already and just changing the EFI with the provided one.

I can't be certain of the reason, but I have tried off and on for some time, I have an install app that was down loaded in the last month so my current version is at least 10.14.4 or higher. So far nothing I have tired has worked and I consistently get a kernel panic, I have been searching this site and others, but I either don't know what to search for, or I'm just not finding an answer that works for me.

thanks for any advice or help anyone can provide. I'm doing my best to research and learn, but I have been banging my head for months now.

I'm going to try to figure out how to out put a file so I can see what the panic is (pretty sure that's a thing), and for giggles unplug the network cable since the last message I can read is failed attempt to reach internet services.
I'm sorry. My Optiplex 7050 SFF & MT has moved to Catalina 10.15.1. Unable to verify Mojave trouble.

I Have Radeon 360 and Dell optiplex can some give me Config for this

Hi there, Just want to ask if I can use the patch you have attached on your procedure for my optiplex 7040? thanks.

This Install CPU 7700 boot Tester

Optiplex 7050 Micro

CPU: intel core i7-7700
MEM: DDR4 2400MHz 8GBx2 16GB
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (Catarina 10.15.3)
M2SSD: INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8. (Windows10 Pro)
Built-in audio: 200 Series PCH HD Audio
Built-in network: IEthernet Connection (5) I219-LM
Internal graphic: intel HD graphic 630

MAC OSX Catarina install 10.15.3 SSD

Dsplay OK
Speaker OK
USB3 OK
SLEEP NG

Necessary things and preparation

1,Bios NewVer download
Updated to latest SYSTEM BIOS version.
OptiPlex_7050_1.13.0.exe