Contribute
Register

Success! Hack Mini i5 2500K - GA-H67N-USB3 - 8GB Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the picoPSU-150-XT + 150W Adapter Power Kit and saw the same symptoms that ninjojo saw with the 160. When I connected the PICO to the AC adapter, the mainboard LED would turn on and the fans ran even though I hadn't powered on the case. The computer failed to boot and could not be turned off (without unplugging the power cable).

I performed a number of tests that conclusively showed the issue was with the PSU. I exchanged it for another unit of the exact same model and it worked. This leads me to conclude that the problem ninjojo had was also a defective unit and not a compatibility issue.

Sorry to bring a dead thread back to life, but I'm building a very similar system to this for a pair of friends that are getting married.

Why did you use the PicoPSU instead of the 120W PSU built into the system? Can I just get something like this: Nevermind, 2500k is 95W tdp and 2105 is 65W... Makes sense... So the question becomes, can I get by with the 120W psu in the habey as long as I get something like this:
http://www.e-itx.com/g-alantic-120w-ac-dc.html
Or this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-IBM-AC- ... 1865wt_766 (if e-itx is the one mentioned earlier with shoddy quality)
And plug it directly into the existing PSU that comes with the Habey 800BL?
I find it hard to believe that even with all the parts, that a 2105 rig would ever exceed 120W.

Also, what all does that neat little IR receiver and remote do for a mac mini? I've been using my iPhone to control mine via bluetooth.

Here's the list of parts:
i3 2105 (HD 3000)
2x2GB DDR3 1333
GA-H67N-USB3
Seagate 750GB 7200RPM 2.5" HDD
Habey 800BL (120W version)
Slim 8x DVDRW/CDRW
Rosewill RNX-N180UBE (usb wifi I've seen confirmed to work on macox, Ralink chipset)
AZiO BTD-V201 Micro Bluetooth Adapter USB 2.0 (I know this guy works, I'm using one on my hack mini)

Thanks for the input guys!

Edit: for cooling I happen to have a 2100T heatsink, so I'm going to take the fan from that and put it on the stock 2105 heatsink, which appears to be identical to the low profile silverstone mentioned in the first post.

I have the Same Build, but now I am using Yosemite.
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 6.58.46 PM.jpg

I am using Tonymac's Unibeast / Multibeast method and it is working correctly on both builds (for the most part).

- My Clover (Unsuccessful)
Installation Attempt: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-clover-usb-wont-load-install-yosemite-3.html
(I would like to solve the Clover Installation, as to have IMessage and Facetime working correctly until it is resolved with Uni/Multibeast.)

My Builds: (CustomMac Mini)
Note: different boards because they discontinued the first board and i wanted a 2'nd Computer.

First: [Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3, Rev 1.0, BIOS F7, Intel i3-2105, HD 3000, 4GB x2]
System Information:

SysInfo B3-B3 F7.jpg

Second: [Gigabyte H67N-USB3, Rev 1.0, BIOS F8, Intel i5-2105, HD 3000, 4GB x2]
System Information:
SysInfo B3 F8.JPG

DSDT: I used the F7 / F8 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html (changed the names to DSDT.aml)

This is my BIOS settings (Same for both builds).
BIOS1.jpgBIOS2.jpgBIOS3.jpg

UniBeast (5.0.2) USB Installation: Legacy USB Support enabled.

MultiBeast (Yosemite - 7.1.1) Post-Installation Settings (Same for both builds):
Quick Start > UserDSDT
Driver > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Driver > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 3000/HD 4000 HDMI Audio
Driver > Disk > 3rd Party eSata
Driver > Misc > Fake SMC v6.11.1328
Driver > Misc > USB 3.0 – Universal
Driver > Netowrk > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2
Driver > System > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Bootloaders > Chimera v.4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernalCache
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Defenitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

MultiBeast (Yosemite - 7.1.1) Screenshot:
Post-Installation Settings.png
Multibeast Load File (for these settings):
View attachment GB GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Yosemite Success.mb

Conclusions:

The FIRST build (F7)

Working:
- Boots fine without ANY boot flags and seems to be working perfectly. I'm happy.
- Dual Screen/Monitor Works with two HDMI outputs

Not Working:
- No HDMI Audio (It Used to work with Previous OS's like Mavericks on both Unibeast/Clover Installations)

The SECOND build (F8)

Working:
- It starts fine only with the USB and the -f boot flag and seems to be working perfectly.

Not Working:
- If i start it without the USB i get a "Can't find Mach Kernal" error.
- No HDMI Audio (It Used to work with Previous OS's like Mavericks on both Unibeast/Clover Installations)
- The DVI output does not seem to work.

Notes: This build does NOT have a second HDMI port (the First build does).

I Need Help With A Couple Things
:
1. Can anyone fix the DVI output (on the SECOND build)? (I have a DVI to HDMI cord and a second monitor w/ HDMI)
2. Can anyone Recommend a compatible Graphics card from http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database that would have 2 HDMI Outputs

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve these issues and help make Perfect and Updated Golden Builds? :)

I got the processor up and running perfectly! I had to update my BIOS to f9 before upgrading is all I had to do. Yay!!

But, when i put in the 16 gb of RAM, it gets most of the way through, but goes really slow and gets stuck on "Windoserver: thread caught burning CPU"..

What do I need to do to get this 2x 8gb of RAM working properly?
When i revert back to my 2x 4gb sticks, it loads properly.

Also, do I need: "Drivers > Graphics > Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations"

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back