Contribute
Register

Success Guide Yosemite 10.10.1 Clover UEFI Guide - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why you choose Line Out 2 versus Internal Speaker?

Just a note for other users who might be having problems with the second ethernet card not showing up.
On my GA-Z77x-UD5H Revision 1.0 board I was not getting the second ethernet card working with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext. I removed it and installed the ALXEthernet.kext with Multibeast 6.0.1, (which was luckily already on the USB drive) and now I have both cards working.

I also had some problems with restoring Apps from my previous setup with Time Machine. It would knock out networking. I finally just restored user data, manually reinstalled my applications and all was well. I didn't really investigate the problem very deeply, so there might have been an easier solution.

I decided to upgrade to Yosemite 2 days ago and have spent some time getting my Hack to run smoothly

STEP 4: Install OS X Yosemite
Unlike UniBeast, this is a 3 part installation process. The system will reboot twice in order to finish the installation and the recovery partition.

1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the F12 to choose boot device
3. Choose UEFI USB
4. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite
5. The system will then boot into OS X Installer
6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.
a. Choose Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Yosemite installation in left column.
c. Click Partition tab
d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
e. Click Options...
f. Choose GUID Partition Table
g. Under Name: type Yosemite (You can rename it later)
h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
i. Click Apply then Partition
j. Close Disk Utility

7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Yosemite
8. Upon completion, system will restart a 1st time
*** NB it takes along time to install and might stop on ‘1 second remaining’ it is still running be patient ***
9. Press the F12 to choose boot device
10. Choose USB
11. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite

The system will boot into the new drive, create the recovery partition, and complete the installation. Upon completion, system will restart a 2nd time.

12. Press F12 to choose USB device
13. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Yosemite
14. The system will launch OS X Setup
15. Complete setup, do not be concerned it you ethernet or sound does not work

STEP 4
#13 drive will not show up
all i see is usb and Recover drive
please help

Just a note for other users who might be having problems with the second ethernet card not showing up.
On my GA-Z77x-UD5H Revision 1.0 board I was not getting the second ethernet card working with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext. I removed it and installed the ALXEthernet.kext with Multibeast 6.0.1, (which was luckily already on the USB drive) and now I have both cards working.

Not so fast! :thumbdown: I eventually ran into problems with the ALXEthernet.kext causing a full system crash/reboot with some large file transfers from my computer to my NAS. I am now using AtherosE2200Ethernet V2.0.0, which I installed in place of AtherosL1cEthernet.kext as per the instructions in the original post.

I've been at this for hours now. For some reason the files wouldn't copy (Step 2 #12) to my main flash drive, so I used another one instead. I'm not sure if this is normal, but after using Clover, my computer would see EFI as a separate partition and not as a folder on the root of the drive. Anyway, I replaced the necessary files, did most of step 3 (no custom BIOS), and got up to Step 4 #5. This is where I'm stuck. I can boot off the drive and get the option to Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite, but once I click that, I get the white Apple on a black background with a loading bar under it. It slowly gets to ~30% full, then restarts the computer and does nothing differently. Doesn't get to the OS X installer. Anyone know anything? I tried another method but couldn't even get a bootable drive with that.

I've got almost-identical hardware to this (only one GPU though), but I'm trying to do this with the 10.10.3 installer (I only made my USB installer this morning).

I'm getting stuck at the 'post install' step. I can boot into Yosemite from the USB copy of Clover, and when I try to install Clover on my Yosemite disk, it appears to complete OK, but my EFI disk is not automatically mounted as per the instructions and when I reboot without the USB installer plugged in, I can't boot ('Reboot and Select proper Boot device').

It seems that Clover isn't installing properly on my Yosemite SDD (even though it claims success)?

If anybody has any ideas, I'd appreciate some advice please. :)

Iv done everything outlined so far to get the install working on the HD - however before I actually get to the install screen I lock up at this:

IOGraphics flags 0x43.

I havn't changed a thing in the plist - any advice?

Thanks!

Having troubles with this.

When I get to the stage where I boot from the USB drive and select the Yosemite installer it starts at with the white apple on a black background and a progress bar. After 5+ minutes, the progress bar is about 30-40% along and it swaps to the standard apple grey background, but all I have is a SBBoD. The keyboard is still responsive at this point (caps lock light goes on/off), but there is no HDD activity or USB Flash drive activity.

I have upgraded my BIOS to F16 mod 11, removed my video card and WiFi card, unplugged all but the HDD that I wish to install on. I have a USB mouse plugged in to a USB 2 slot on the back, and using a USB 3 slot on the front of my case (using USB30_2 header on the mobo).

I have a slightly lesser CPU than in the guide so I didn't change any of the voltage/timing settings.

Where do I go from here? Is there a way to do a verbose boot with clover to see where it is crapping out?

Thanks

Edit:

Success! It turns out I had a compounded mistake. When I first installed Clover to the flash drive I didn't do the custom settings. I immediately redid it without wiping and starting again. This led to an EFI folder AND an EFI partition, and I copied all the kexts and stuff to the folder on the main partition, not the EFI partition.

After redoing the flash drive from scratch and putting all the kexts in the right place, I was able to boot and install without a problem.

Thanks for the great guide Baja!

For some reason I too am ending up with an EFI (partition?) on my computer after running Clover. On my flash drive I only have an empty EFI-Backups directory as seen here:

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 11.40.35 PM.png

How did you fix that? Is just copy pasting the EFI folder from the other "partition" to my flash drive OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back