1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on Asrock G41MH/USB3

Requirements

Step 1: Installing Mac OS X Mountain Lion

• Plug in your Computer your USB Pen Drive and open Disk Utility from Applications/Utilities
  • Go at Partition and click on Current Partition, Select 1 Partition and click on Options, Select MBR ( Master Boot Record )
  • Click Apply and close Disk Utility
  • Open Unibeast and select your USB disk. ( Make sure to tick Legacy USB Support ).
  • Once the installation has finished reboot your computer and tap rapidly F2 to enter in BIOS Setup
  • Navigate to Advanced and click enter on CPU Configuration, Make sure No-Memory Execute Protection is Enabled.
  • Save changes and boot from your USB.
  • Select the partition you named your USB from Unibeast and write as boot flag "PCIRootUID=0" ( Try PCIRootUID=1 if that doesn't work )
  • You should be brought the Language Selection. Select your language and continue.
  • Optional: If you want a fresh new partition, go at Disk Utility and make a new partition.
  • Click Install and wait. ( Should take around 20 minutes )

Step 2: First Boot & Fixing Boot Issues

• Once Installation completes, boot from USB but this time select your main partition ( Use "PCIRootUID=0" ).
  • After filling up your information you should be brought to the Desktop
  • Open up Multibeast and select the following options:
screenshot20121217at428.png

• After installing the settings head to /Extra and right click on org.chameleon.Boot.plist, select open with TextEdit.\
  • Add the following text:

Code:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

• Now you can boot without having to type PCIRootUID=0 ( Just press enter on the partition )
  • Restart and test your booting

Step 3: Fixing your Audio

• After a lot of searching I have found this useful kext which worked for this motherboard.
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1961 ( Just follow the instructions and you should have audio working perfectly )

I would like to thank tonymacx86 page where I used the most tools to make my Hackintosh work.

Enjoy your Asrock G41MH/USB3 Fully Working Hackintosh!

Feel free to ask me questions

Hope you're still reading this forum :)

First: Thanks for your awesome guide!

I'm having trouble getting my Asrock G41MH/USB3 to boot OSX installer. Have followed your guide, but don't have a graphics card other than the one build in (GMA 950?). Is that the source of my problems? When i enter either "PCIRootUID=0" or PCIRootUID=1 the screen just goes black... Since the software you suggested were all updated since your post, I used the latest versions, could that be the cause of my problems? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi there,

just wanted to confirm that the linked VoodooHDA.kext also works for me with my G41MH/USB3, thanks! I had problems using the Voodoos from Multibeast, tried 2.8.4, 2.8.2 and 0.2.61, and none worked (KP at boot, even single user mode was not accessible anymore.. had to boot the install media to delete the kext manually).

Yet your Multibeast configuration seem to include some antagonisms: First, selecting "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" stands in conflict with the selected "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement", as the latter will delete the first kext.
Also, manually selecting FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and Chimera is not necessary if you've already selected EasyBeast, because the latter will install all of the former.

Selecting lnx2macs Realtek network driver is correct. If you have a separate GFX card running, you must probably also choose "Customization -> Boot Options -> PCI Root ID Fix", which sets PCIRootUID=1 as a kernel flag. I had to use it with my GeForce 8800 GTX.

One question though: Does using "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" brings a known advantage for the G41MH/USB3? (Haven't tried yet).

Hope you're still reading this forum :)

First: Thanks for your awesome guide!

I'm having trouble getting my Asrock G41MH/USB3 to boot OSX installer. Have followed your guide, but don't have a graphics card other than the one build in (GMA 950?). Is that the source of my problems? When i enter either "PCIRootUID=0" or PCIRootUID=1 the screen just goes black... Since the software you suggested were all updated since your post, I used the latest versions, could that be the cause of my problems? Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you tried booting with "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No" and adding your preferred PCIRootUID=0/1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back