GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screenshot 2017-06-09 19.41.51(2).png

Hi guys, after 3 years of happy hackintosh with Mavericks (I work with Logic Pro X for audio production) I decided to upgrade my old GTX660 with newer Pascal Nvidia GTX 1070 to work also with rendering. At the beginning, I installed Win 10 to directly test my system and I was really satisfied of the results. 10.9.5 was installed as Legacy (in SSD) and I had Win 7 installed either in a separate HDD.. just press F12 and choose which OS to boot.

In order to make my 1070 working I tried with 10.11.. tried many things such joking with .plist of os definition to run Nvidia web drivers installer...without results. Now I managed to install 10.12.5 successfully, with no particular procedure.. I don't care about internal audio and integrated graphics obviously but at the time everything seems to run flawlessly and even quick by the fact that Sierra is on an HDD.

That said, my installation of Windows 10 disappeared. It doesn't make sense to me because it has been installed in a separate SSD. Ok, it's not disappeared, files seem to be at their place (looking through Mac) and I think that there is a mess going on with EFI boots. It looks like Win10 has lost its EFI boot partition, even when trying to repair I can't get any clue of a Windows installation in my system. Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys, I love this community!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back