[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H with Xeon 1230v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

after 3 days of fiddling with many different kexts, patches and guides I believe everything works the way I want it to work now. I've attached my config.plist for anyone interested, but you'll definitely have to fix some entries for yourselves as I've had to delete them (like serial numbers and such).
My setup:
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1 with Ethernet (Atheros AR8161) and Sound (VIA VT2021)
  • Intel Xeon 1230v2
  • 16GB Kingston DDR3-1600
  • Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Please note that the following list of links and drivers may not work at all for your setup if any of the above listed parts is different from mine.

List of drivers, .kexts, links, fixes, I use:
  • Boot flags: -dart=0 (so I don't have to disable VT-d in BIOS) -nvidia_drv=1 (since I use Nvidia Web Driver) -kext-dev-mode=1 (generally recommended as this prevents common problems with some kexts)
  • System Profile: iMac 13,2 (reasons: Ivy Bridge, external GPU, and MacMini doesn't work anyomre in Sierra)
  • AppleRTC (recommended for Gigabyte MB users as it fixes a shutdown problem)
  • Trust flag in SMBIOS for proper use of iCloud services (generate random serial numbers, UUIDs etc.)
  • VoodooHDA 2.8.8 fixed for VT2021 chip (tried pretty much everything I could find and even though many people said Voodoo was bad I like it - no weird pop sounds, mic works etc. and names are shown correctly in settings) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-z77mx-d3h-via-vt2020vt2021-el-capitan-10113/
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (working LAN-port with version 2.1.0)
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (working USB 3.0 on all ports)
  • on-the-fly fix for TRIM support: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/ (use the 3rd method, this is quite handy for SSD users and useless for everyone else)
  • patched DSDT file using MaciASL and pjalm's repo (general fixes incl. HDA, USB 3.0 power, ...) https://sourceforge.net/p/maciasl/wiki/Repository Index/
  • patched SSDT file for my CPU power states using ssdtPRgen (correct Turbo Boost usage) https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
  • OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi (I added this in Clover Configurator because I randomly got memory allocation issues that seem to be connected to the Nvidia driver, you probably won't need this unless you have a Maxwell / Kepler nvidia card like I do)
BIOS settings
  • VT-d: on (as I've mentioned before I simply use the dart=0 boot flag as I need VT-d for my Windows installation)
  • XHCI Handoff: enabled
  • EHCI Handoff: disabled
  • Boot Option 1: UEFI: SSD with Clover installation, Boot Option 2: DVD-RAM, everything else disabled
You might also want to take a look at this guide:

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 731
Last edited:
Same board, almost same setup here (except I've got only intel Graphics)

Can you share your config.plist and full listing of kexts/versions used?

Same board, almost same setup here (except I've got only intel Graphics)

Can you share your config.plist and full listing of kexts/versions used?
Sure thing! Attached my config.plist, but I removed some of the sensitive entries like the generated serial number etc. Check the OP out, I'll update it now.
How did you install it? I have almost the same setup but setup crashes mid-bar.
I followed the guide for general Hackintosh setup - created a USB stick with the latest UniBeast version, booted from stick, installed Nvidia Web Driver, rebooted, ran latest MultiBeast version and then I started fiddling around, removing and adding several kexts and DSDT patches until I was happy.

Sure thing! Attached my config.plist, but I removed some of the sensitive entries like the generated serial number etc. Check the OP out, I'll update it now.

Thanks a lot! but where can I find the config? Maybe upload didn't work. I don't see it in OP or in your last post.

Also, 2 other questions:
What did you use for system profile? I had been using 13,2 on this board with a working clover/ElCap install, but my attempt to upgrade to 10.12 direct has botched all, so now hoping to do clean install working with your config. (Have never used Unibeast, may that handles that automatically)

And, anything special on your UEFI/bios settings, or just the usual as recommended on TonyMacx86?

thanks again !

2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

@bobm apparently the forum software blocked my last edit because I edited it too often in short time, probably a spam protection - should be there now. I've added system profile and BIOS settings, but even the standard BIOS settings should be fine. I also switched to the Voodoo driver as I had some issues with AppleALC - that means you'll have to rename AppleHDA.kext and you'll probably also need the DSDT patch, although I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tried without it yet.

I followed the guide for general Hackintosh setup - created a USB stick with the latest UniBeast version, booted from stick, installed Nvidia Web Driver, rebooted, ran latest MultiBeast version and then I started fiddling around, removing and adding several kexts and DSDT patches until I was happy.

I'm trying to follow the guide but a big forbidden symbol appears at my screen... That's what is bothering me.

Hi guys,

after 3 days of fiddling with many different kexts, patches and guides I believe everything works the way I want it to work now. I've attached my config.plist for anyone interested, but you'll definitely have to fix some entries for yourselves as I've had to delete them (like serial numbers and such).
My setup:
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1 with Ethernet (Atheros AR8161) and Sound (VIA VT2021)
  • Intel Xeon 1230v2
  • 16GB Kingston DDR3-1600
  • Nvidia GTX 980 Ti
Please note that the following list of links and drivers may not work at all for your setup if any of the above listed parts is different from mine.

List of drivers, .kexts, links, fixes, I use:
  • Boot flags: -dart=0 (so I don't have to disable VT-d in BIOS) -nvidia_drv=1 (since I use Nvidia Web Driver) -kext-dev-mode=1 (generally recommended as this prevents common problems with some kexts)
  • System Profile: iMac 13,2 (reasons: Ivy Bridge, external GPU, and MacMini doesn't work anyomre in Sierra)
  • AppleRTC (recommended for Gigabyte MB users as it fixes a shutdown problem)
  • Trust flag in SMBIOS for proper use of iCloud services (generate random serial numbers, UUIDs etc.)
  • VoodooHDA 2.8.8 fixed for VT2021 chip (tried pretty much everything I could find and even though many people said Voodoo was bad I like it - no weird pop sounds, mic works etc. and names are shown correctly in settings) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-z77mx-d3h-via-vt2020vt2021-el-capitan-10113/
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext (working LAN-port with version 2.1.0)
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext (working USB 3.0 on all ports)
  • on-the-fly fix for TRIM support: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd/ (use the 3rd method, this is quite handy for SSD users and useless for everyone else)
  • patched DSDT file using MaciASL and pjalm's repo (general fixes incl. HDA, USB 3.0 power, ...) https://sourceforge.net/p/maciasl/wiki/Repository Index/
  • patched SSDT file for my CPU power states using ssdtPRgen (correct Turbo Boost usage) https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh
  • OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi (I added this in Clover Configurator because I randomly got memory allocation issues that seem to be connected to the Nvidia driver, you probably won't need this unless you have a Maxwell / Kepler nvidia card like I do)
BIOS settings
  • VT-d: on (as I've mentioned before I simply use the dart=0 boot flag as I need VT-d for my Windows installation)
  • XHCI Handoff: enabled
  • EHCI Handoff: disabled
  • Boot Option 1: UEFI: SSD with Clover installation, Boot Option 2: DVD-RAM, everything else disabled
You might also want to take a look at this guide:

I use same MOBO here, and my hackintosh always restart after sleep and after shutdown.
I`m using this ethernet kext > https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/alxethernet.267/
AtherosE2200 not work here :(
do you have any tip?
This problem is pissing me off

Hello there,

I'm trying to make this mobo on High Sierra 10.13.5.
USB 3.0 works fine with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but then it won't shutdown. If I take off the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, it shutdowns properly.
Can somebody help me with this? Can you share your patched DSDT?
I figure it out to make VT2021 chip audios works with AppleALC+Lilu.kext with "5" audio id in Clover.
Everything but the shutdown works.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back