Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte Z77-D3H with Geforce GTX 670 (Require a little Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77 D3H
CPU
Graphics
670 gtx
Hi guys, after weeks of trying to install ML on my rig with a Radeon 7850 and not being able to bypass the sleep trick i decided to invest in a Geforce 670 and seem to be up and running with my system booting fully automatically and graphics running fine with the GraphicsEnabler=No trick but i have a couple of quick questions if possible.

1) When i used to boot up i used to have a nice crisp high res Apple Logo on the grey background but now i have a Huge low resolution grey one...petty i know but is there any way i can go back to the other one ?

2) I have managed to get OSX running on the latest version using the methods below but with previous installs am very reluctant to re-plug back in my Window 8 and other 3 hard drives. Could someone tell me what the best way of multibooting is at all ? Id really like my computer to boot into the boot loader everytime it boots then only have the option of booting from my Windows 8 Driver or this Mac OSX Driver, when ive done it in the past ive never been able to get it working. Ive just downloaded Chameleon Wizard and have been looking on the Install tab, can anyone confirm if i set it as Boot0md it will work ok ?

OK THIS IS FOR ANYONE WITH THE SAME MOBO AND A GEFORCE GTX 670

After following a few tutorials for the Gigabyte Z77-D3H with no success this is the method that worked for me

Firstly i installed a fresh copy of OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with the Geforce 670 plugged in (not set to internal hd4000) and it booted first time without the need of any extra commands (yet it required -x when i had the 7850).

Secondly i created the partition on my harddrive using GUID and after installation and after installation OSX would not boot obviously by hdd but also via the USB method (hung on apple logo) so i restarted and it didnt work with GraphicsEnabler=No either but did with -x safe mode. When i got back into OSX i then went to the apple store and downloaded the 10.8.4 update and continued to download multibeast without a restart.

Thirdly i downloaded and installed Multibeast and clicked Easybeast and Drivers VoodooHD latest version and GraphicsEnabler=No only and upon a restart OSX booted perfectly but with a Large Apple Logo instead of my previous smaller (high res) ones.

But a successfull boot none the less. Without having to do anything extra i also have successful dual screens although my second screen has the mac osx dull colours and i can only seem to change my main 30" Dell screen.

oh bugger, just noticed ive got no sound, would appreciate any help with this plz

thanks for the reply adrian, i installed the latest voodoohda kexts from multibeast but oddly i have no sound

Ive also installed clover for UEFI it just installed without asking any options, is there anyway of checking if its booting from UEFI ?

thanks for the reply adrian, i installed the latest voodoohda kexts from multibeast but oddly i have no sound

Ive also installed clover for UEFI it just installed without asking any options, is there anyway of checking if its booting from UEFI ?

I have not used Clover, so I am not the one to answer that question. You need to go into System Preferences > Sound and select "Internal Speakers" for audio output.

Adrian B

The default Clover setup is legacy... To setup UEFI look here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back