Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After a number of problems with the install, I finally have a working system - of sorts. It is only early days, but I am running without the iBoot disk now and with the 10.6.8 combo update successfully installed.

I was getting the dreaded "you must restart your computer" crap at the end of the Combo update a few times before following the method referenced below.

I used the method described by omn1d3cay HERE

I haven't gone as far as audio, USB3, etc yet, but so far, so good.

How are you progressing on this build? I actually have a very similar setup to yours, so I'll follow this thread.

My Dell U3011 arrives soon, and I'll be able to start the install process then.

Cheers

I tried to get audio working, and screwed it....now I get the grey screen of death. Tried a myriad of things to fix it with no luck. Time for a re-install. Next time, I will take an image of the working system (if I can work that out) in case I corrupt it again.

That's rough. I thought the audio was fairly straight forward on these boards... guess I'll find out soon enough.

Keep posting here if you figure anything out, I'll do the same :)

Thanks Trevc, I'll post up if the process I used for the install (linked above) works again *fingers crossed*

Did you try this method for audio? (quoted from another thread)
-=NO SOUND=-
If you have no sound ! here is how I and others fixed it.
A) run multiboot again.
B) select ALC8xxHDA (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
AppleHDA Rollback (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Universal)
C)Reboot

I believe so, but no luck, so I started trying all sorts of things in the hope something would work, and then screwed it

I am planning to build this exact spec. But seems like there are many problems with Installation. Has anyone got this spec up and running 100% yet.

I'm thinking of waiting for official Lion release, and maybe i will go the CustomBeast route then.

I've decided to go straight to Lion instead of messing around with SL.

There's a good guide on another forum (not sure if I can link it up here).

Lion is up and running, all smooth so far.

Working:
- Video with QE/CI
- Audio with all inputs/outputs
- Both ethernet connections
- DVDRW, some random Pioneer model
- Apple App store
- Firewire
- Sata3 @ 6Gb/s

Not working/not tested:
- USB3 (not tested, driver not installed)
- Sleep is broken, have not investigated further (low priority)
- "About this mac shows 3.4ghz when the CPU is clocked at 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back