Contribute
Register

Success! Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Mountain Lion Install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zehnm
can u please help me upload the kext somewhere , and tellme what you'we deleted please?

I could only boot in safe mode (-x kernel parameter), otherwise I got a kernel panic.
The kext in question is inside FakeSMC. I.e /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
Right click, Show Package Contents. Then delete the OemSMBIOS.kext file in one of the sub directories.

Afterwards my ML system worked like a charm without any additional boot parameters :)

For the actual ML installation I removed the video card and used the onboard one. I'm not sure if it also works otherwise...

I have the latest multibeast and it's missing the nvidia plugings you used. I have an Nvidia 520 that worked in Lion, fails in ML.

Does anyone else out there have issues? I have a similar build with the i7 2600k, and oft in times, it seems like the processor is churning, when the system is idle.

i have mouse jumps and definitely not running like id expect. I am using the on chip graphics, and no over clocking (i believe i am using turbo boost)

any assistance is greatly appreciated

It's hard to pinpoint what your problem could be from your description. But it sounds like there's something installed on your system that shouldn't be; maybe a rogue Kext.
I have never had this issue on either of my 2 builds. It could possible be an incompatibility with the onboard graphics.

I have the latest multibeast and it's missing the nvidia plugings you used. I have an Nvidia 520 that worked in Lion, fails in ML.

Have you checked the newest Multibeast since this post? A bunch of different graphics card Kexts have been added

Hello,

I did the install in UEFI U1c bios with SSD Vertex 4.

When I boot, I have an error :
Header read size 200
incorrect image signature

This message disappear quite fast and it boot but with a big resolution. I cannot see the entire desktop.
So I can do almost nothing.

I have to boot in safe mode to see the entire desktop....

Does anyone have an idea ?

I have found a kind of solution:
In fact the resolution of the screen when the system boot is too big.

I have change the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to the proper resolution with adding the following lines:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x60</string>

I have choose this resolution because of my 27" LED Display.

This solve the issue, but the system takes more time to boot... this is a pity for a SSD drive.

Maybe this is a bug of the "optimized resolution" option in system preference.
I have try to set it to the good resolution 2560x1440 but it goes back to optimized resolution after a reboot.

Any other idea to solve this ?

So, I've been running Mountain Lion on my Z68MX for quite a long time without the new BIOS. I guess it's been slightly sluggish, but I find that it is less so after I reboot (which I do maybe once a week). Would you recommend upgrading to the new BIOS? I feel like the setup I have now is remarkably fragile in terms of my DSDT and boot.plist. I wonder what you can tell me regarding that.

Now, to the reason I actually came here. I am currently dual booting with Windows 7. I had three hard drives set up, a 500GB for Windows and games, 1TB for OS X, and 1TB for OS X clone. Recently, I enrolled in a Linux class at college and have been told that I need to install Linux. Totally fine. Now, in the past, I've experienced a problem where a block of two SATA connectors would not be recognized by OS X. I discovered this a while ago when I bought a second DVD drive, making for a fifth SATA connection (3 hard drives, 2 disc drives). The fifth connection refused to be recognized by OS X, but it was working without a problem in Windows. It ended up not being a huge issue since I needed to use Windows software with the second disc drive anyway. However, now that I have a sixth connection, a final hard drive for an imminent Linux installation, and have learned that this new BIOS removes the need for a DSDT, I can't help but wonder if the new BIOS could resolve this issue.

Any thoughts about what this means? I don't have the time for a full system cleanse until March, but I would like to have this up and running soon.

EDIT: I forgot to mention specifically which block of SATA ports was acting up. Here is a picture with the relevant block highlighted. This is from the User's Manual that came with the mobo. I also decided to upgrade the BIOS to the new one and see what happens. Late nights for computer repairs don't concern me :D

EDIT 2: Turns out, updating to the UEFI BIOS did the trick. The GSATA ports are now available, but now, in the future, when I have this issue on a Hackintosh, I know that I can install the JMicron.kext from MultiBeast (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/03/jmicron-ata-support.html). I totally should have researched this earlier.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 16, 3 32 01 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 16, 3 32 01 PM.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 368
**It's fixed. I must have missed checking the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free". I re-ran MB with doing that & all is well**

I'm having issues with the Intel Graphics not working. The system boots to 1024x768 and I can't change it. Also odd glitches, flickering, etc. when doing things like playing video.

I can't find the org.chameleon.boot.plist either . Isn't it supposed to be in \Extra? Or did it get moved with the latest Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back