Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX 6600 XT

Goodmorning .No this was not the last config you posted yesterday.This is the configuration i tried before to check if i can change anything there.
I did't have the opportunity to check with last config.plist you sent me yesterday because the macbook i borrowed needs restore, it can't boot anymore (i'm very lucky i guess) and i need first of all to restore it to try again.
Then i'll try with this config.plist tonight .I need to try also with Ventura
Ok, good luck and if a kernel panic occur, try to make a screenshot to see what's the problem is.

Hi tsanko,
after a week with the new Ventura system I finally got power managenment perfect working.
As I got a i9-10850K and a RX Vega 56, the power management with your Ventura Efi was working really badly, 100-150 watt power draw, always increasing.

Now the system with four SSD (10TB) consumes about 66 Watt in idle, very good. Very fast set back and reactions of prozessor speed, perfectly. In the end i don´t know the crucial factor, I really tried a lot. Ended as iMac20,2.
Most important: The system is still rock solid and stable. No boot failures, no crashes, Internet (via Ethernet) always working.

All changes I made (not all are power management related):

Acpi:
SSDT-TB4HP.aml not enabled
SSDT-BRG.aml not enabled

Device Properties
Delete first 3 entries, 2x Radeon, 1x Megaraid

Kext
CPUFriend.kext not enabled
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext not enabled
SASMegaRAID.kext not enabled
RadeonSensor.kext not enabled
SMCRadeonGPU.kext not enabled

USBMap.kext: self generated for iMac20,2

Misc
Boot: Hide Auxilliary true
Security: Scan Policy 983299

NVRAM
boot-args: keepsyms=1 -wegnoigpu
csr-active-config: 6F020000 / bwIAAA==

Platform info: iMac20,2

As I dont need Wifi and Bluetooth its not impimentated.

Thanks again for your phantastic work!

Hi tsanko,
after a week with the new Ventura system I finally got power managenment perfect working.
As I got a i9-10850K and a RX Vega 56, the power management with your Ventura Efi was working really badly, 100-150 watt power draw, always increasing.

Now the system with four SSD (10TB) consumes about 66 Watt in idle, very good. Very fast set back and reactions of prozessor speed, perfectly. In the end i don´t know the crucial factor, I really tried a lot. Ended as iMac20,2.
Most important: The system is still rock solid and stable. No boot failures, no crashes, Internet (via Ethernet) always working.

All changes I made (not all are power management related):

Acpi:
SSDT-TB4HP.aml not enabled
SSDT-BRG.aml not enabled

Device Properties
Delete first 3 entries, 2x Radeon, 1x Megaraid

Kext
CPUFriend.kext not enabled
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext not enabled
SASMegaRAID.kext not enabled
RadeonSensor.kext not enabled
SMCRadeonGPU.kext not enabled

USBMap.kext: self generated for iMac20,2

Misc
Boot: Hide Auxilliary true
Security: Scan Policy 983299

NVRAM
boot-args: keepsyms=1 -wegnoigpu
csr-active-config: 6F020000 / bwIAAA==

Platform info: iMac20,2

As I dont need Wifi and Bluetooth its not impimentated.

Thanks again for your phantastic work!
Hi, @Smallersen ,
my system is based on 11th gen 11700K CPU.

The CPUFriend.kext is using the data provided in CPUFrienDataProvider.kext and this data is generated especially for my CPU. It's not compatible for your 10th gen CPU. As your CPU is natively supported, these two kexts are not needed, but optional if you want custom power management.

SSDT-TB4HP is optional for the TB4 controller.

SSDT-BRG is a fix for RX6000 series GPU paths and is not compatible with your Vega GPU.

SASMegaRAID.kext is especially for my RAID hardware controller on PCIe slot. It's not needed for most systems. Remark: this kext breaks the sleep functionality.

RadeonSensors and SMCRadeonGPU are optional kexts when you want to monitor the GPU temps and voltages on a supported AMD Radeon GPU only.

Ok, good luck and if a kernel panic occur, try to make a screenshot to see what's the problem is.
Hi again.
I just manage to try again and I have one issue on OCC and took a photo of kernel panic at last..
Have any idea what does it means?? Without -x -v it begins the installation but restarts at the middle of the road..

Attachments

• D91B3CA6-20E7-478F-943A-24A70A5F376E.jpeg
    D91B3CA6-20E7-478F-943A-24A70A5F376E.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 9CD97380-B49F-41C5-BDBC-44DC3A7D22B1.jpeg
    9CD97380-B49F-41C5-BDBC-44DC3A7D22B1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
Hi again.
I just manage to try again and I have one issue on OCC and took a photo of kernel panic at last..
Have any idea what does it means?? Without -x -v it begins the installation but restarts at the middle of the road..
Remove the -x boot flag and put -v only.

Attachments

• 614B7B13-32A9-43D4-A4E7-39B318C7959F.jpeg
    614B7B13-32A9-43D4-A4E7-39B318C7959F.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 623664A9-E480-41DF-AB29-3AB82BB0E1D2.jpeg
    623664A9-E480-41DF-AB29-3AB82BB0E1D2.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • 04171438-434D-4E46-AA95-1D03BD9D36BB.jpeg
    04171438-434D-4E46-AA95-1D03BD9D36BB.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
  • DDE2A6A8-4E70-4B30-A525-C78783ABAAC8.jpeg
    DDE2A6A8-4E70-4B30-A525-C78783ABAAC8.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 21
Finally I took these photos..
Any ideas?
Post your EFI to review it and please make some screenshots of your BIOS settings so I can be able to check you did everything correctly.

Post your EFI to review it and please make some screenshots of your BIOS settings so I can be able to check you did everything correctly.
Thank u one more time..
Of course..
In two hours i'll be at home to attach photos of my bios settings and my EFI folder.
Something else..
1.I checked that for hackintosh intallation it needs to deactivate serial port,something that i can't find in bios settings of my Gigabyte Z590 vision D.
2.About "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest" some say that :I need to disable resizable BAR support in my bios,some other that the installer could not find the USB any longer.Or that i use unsupported SATA controller and this happens if i have set my SATA to IDE/RAID.Some other say that i need to download some extra kexts.Have any idea ??

Thank u one more time..
Of course..
In two hours i'll be at home to attach photos of my bios settings and my EFI folder.
Something else..
1.I checked that for hackintosh intallation it needs to deactivate serial port,something that i can't find in bios settings of my Gigabyte Z590 vision D.
2.About "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest" some say that :I need to disable resizable BAR support in my bios,some other that the installer could not find the USB any longer.Or that i use unsupported SATA controller and this happens if i have set my SATA to IDE/RAID.Some other say that i need to download some extra kexts.Have any idea ??
You need to know some things first before you really want to start:
  • Read carefully your MB user manual - hardware part
  • Set your SATA controller to AHCI SATA mode, macOS does not support RAID
  • Disable resizable BAR if you don't know how to configure this in OC
  • Before you start the installation configure your USB ports correctly. Feel free to use my configuration, but keep in mind to use SMBIOS MacPro7,1, because the kext is configured for this SMBIOS only
  • Start with -v boot flag to see what's happening and post kernel panic if any occures
  • Read the first post and configure all the BIOS settings according to the guide

Back