Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX 6600 XT

No, generate them before the installation.

One last thing. Install the macOS on a separate NVMe/SSD drive, not on a partition. If you plan to use Windows 11 dual boot, it's better to use one NVme/SSD drive for macOS and another for Windows. Do not install them both on same drive. If you have Windows 11 drive instaleld on the MB, please remove it and insert it back after the competition of the installation.
NO no..I didn't separate my Nvme ,I don't want to use windows.All the applications i need to work run only on MacOS and since my old hack crashed i can't load my saves and my data.

No, generate them before the installation.

One last thing. Install the macOS on a separate NVMe/SSD drive, not on a partition. If you plan to use Windows 11 dual boot, it's better to use one NVme/SSD drive for macOS and another for Windows. Do not install them both on same drive. If you have Windows 11 drive instaleld on the MB, please remove it and insert it back after the competition of the installation.
I don't know..
I tried a lot of times since yesterday But When i generate for iMac20,1 and iMac20,2 it doesn't even begin the installation.When i choose MacPro 7,1 it begins but can't see my nvme drive.I checked here (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/smbios-support.html#mac-pro)but i can't understand which one will work for me.
Have anything on your mind???

I don't know..
I tried a lot of times since yesterday But When i generate for iMac20,1 and iMac20,2 it doesn't even begin the installation.When i choose MacPro 7,1 it begins but can't see my nvme drive.I checked here (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/smbios-support.html#mac-pro)but i can't understand which one will work for me.
Have anything on your mind???
If you have access to a mac device (a MacBook for example) open the attached config.plist with OpenCoreConfigurator and open the PlatformInfo tab on left. Near the Model Lookup there is a combobox listing all the Apple device models. Select MacPro7,1 and OCC will automatically generate the data you need. Save the config.plist file and copy (replace the existing one) it to the last EFI folder of this guide. Boot your machine and post the result. Good luck!

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.2 KB · Views: 23
If you have access to a mac device (a MacBook for example) open the attached config.plist with OpenCoreConfigurator and open the PlatformInfo tab on left. Near the Model Lookup there is a combobox listing all the Apple device models. Select MacPro7,1 and OCC will automatically generate the data you need. Save the config.plist file and copy (replace the existing one) it to the last EFI folder of this guide. Boot your machine and post the result. Good luck!
Nope..
Same issues.I think the problem is with my comet lake cpu.pfffff
I can't understand what's wrong..All the settings seems to be correct..

Nope..
Same issues.I think the problem is with my comet lake cpu.pfffff
I can't understand what's wrong..All the settings seems to be correct..
In my opinion in your system is Secure Boot active or there are some keys deployed. Try to boot into BIOS, enable the secure boot and remove all deployed keys. Post a screenshot with the kernel panic information.

Well, the CPU is supported on Z490 and Z590. The problem is not in your CPU, the problem is somewhere in the configuration of OC and the BIOS settings. Try to remove the XMP memory profile, check if XHCI Handoff is set to Enabled and disable Legacy USB Support. Without kernel panic can't suggest more. Maybe is better to start with Ventura.

In my opinion in your system is Secure Boot active or there are some keys deployed. Try to boot into BIOS, enable the secure boot and remove all deployed keys. Post a screenshot with the kernel panic information.

Well, the CPU is supported on Z490 and Z590. The problem is not in your CPU, the problem is somewhere in the configuration of OC and the BIOS settings. Try to remove the XMP memory profile, check if XHCI Handoff is set to Enabled and disable Legacy USB Support. Without kernel panic can't suggest more. Maybe is better to start with Ventura.

Thank u.
Ok because at OCC is recomended with comet lake cpu i had to choose iMac20,1 or iMac 20,2 smbios.
I made the changes to bios but nothing changed.There are no keys in secure boot menu.Kernel panic appears and dissapears so fast that i can't check nothing neither to take a better photo more helpful than the photo posted the other day.This is my EFI folders if you want to check if there is wrong configuration or something.I 'll download Ventura to check if i have better luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    182 KB · Views: 27
Thank u.
Ok because at OCC is recomended with comet lake cpu i had to choose iMac20,1 or iMac 20,2 smbios.
I made the changes to bios but nothing changed.There are no keys in secure boot menu.Kernel panic appears and dissapears so fast that i can't check nothing neither to take a better photo more helpful than the photo posted the other day.This is my EFI folders if you want to check if there is wrong configuration or something.I 'll download Ventura to check if i have better luck.
This EFI archive is corrupted. Can't be opened.

I compressed it again ..i'm sorry..
This configuration is not valid - it's not my last modified. There are a lot of kexts included, most of them are not necessary and some device properties are not needed.
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 9.36.17.png

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 9.36.11.png

I don't know how to help...

This configuration is not valid - it's not my last modified. There are a lot of kexts included, most of them are not necessary and some device properties are not needed.
View attachment 564901
View attachment 564900
I don't know how to help...
Goodmorning .No this was not the last config you posted yesterday.This is the configuration i tried before to check if i can change anything there.
I did't have the opportunity to check with last config.plist you sent me yesterday because the macbook i borrowed needs restore, it can't boot anymore (i'm very lucky i guess) and i need first of all to restore it to try again.
Then i'll try with this config.plist tonight .I need to try also with Ventura

Last edited:
Back