Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX 6600 XT

"agpdmode=pikera" is for Navi and Big Navi cards. No boot argument is needed for Vega or Polaris, so that's one problem less for @Rikoshet —who's having too many already.

CPUFriend should not be necessary, as OS X with iMac20 SMBIOS should have suitable power tables for Comet Lake.

The rest of your EFI should not require adjustments… but, out of curiosity, could you explain, or point to relevant documentation, for SSDT-DMAC, -DMAR, -GPRW, -HPET (IRQ conflict), -USBW (+USBWakeFixup.kext)?
I have an EFI for this board with the 11900K.

I use CPUFriend because one of the OpenCore devs at the time posted that the power tables ruin performance, and he provided tables that didn't. That being said, I don't know if this is still an issue.

More info on that: https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker/issues/190

DMAC/DMAR were things worked on in CaseySJ's z390 Designare thread to get AppleVTD working without it messing up networking. Having this enabled helps some Thunderbolt devices work.

GPRW/USBW help with devices waking up, especially USB. A side effect is that you'll have to use the power button to wake. You might not need them, but some people have coolers or bluetooth that wake their device.

HPET stuff was gained from running SSDTTime and is not strictly necessary.

stank.dimitrov
thank you for this I have a similar built with a few differences. I used your EFI and I have gotten as far as I have gotten before but it still errors out. can you take a look at my modified EFI and help me out please. I am attaching the EFI and the Error I am getting. please any help is appreciated I have been working on this for a little while

here is my build specs
MSI MPG Z590M Gaming Edge Wifi (has 1 usb-c)
Intel I7-11700K
Silicon Power 32gb of memory
AMD RX570
SABRENT ROCKET NVME-500gb
Seagate Firecuda 520-500gb for windows 11

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
stank.dimitrov
thank you for this I have a similar built with a few differences. I used your EFI and I have gotten as far as I have gotten before but it still errors out. can you take a look at my modified EFI and help me out please. I am attaching the EFI and the Error I am getting. please any help is appreciated I have been working on this for a little while

here is my build specs
MSI MPG Z590M Gaming Edge Wifi (has 1 usb-c)
Intel I7-11700K
Silicon Power 32gb of memory
AMD RX570
SABRENT ROCKET NVME-500gb
Seagate Firecuda 520-500gb for windows 11

Hello @bigmac69 , I've examine your posted config.plist. You did nothing especially, just copy paste my config with all the patches, kexts and SSDT enabled. All my device properties are also there.

ACPI
Add: Remove DMAC, DMAR
Delete: Do not delete the DMAR table
Patch: Remove the HDAS to HDEF rename

Device Properties
Remove all the listed device and include them according your system - just use Hackintool to get the list

Kernel
USBMap.kext - do your custom USP ports map
AppleALC.kext and AppleALCU.kext are both enabled. Remove the AppleALCU.kext

Hi @tsanko.dimitrov,
I have a similar build with the Same mb.
After mac os monterey 12.0.1 Installation im into building a usb Port map. (Imac pro 1.1)
So i have take the usb.kext from your Config and all your Ports works Great.
Now i want to modify some points of your Port map like activate the usb c Port in my case.

If i start my pc with your kext and create a export via hackintool the generated ssdt-uiac Not working well.

Maybe is ist possible that you post your ssdt-uiac? Perfect your file with all usb Ports without deleting /disable any ports:)

Many thanks in advange!!!

Hi @CrazyHeinke ,
the front USB-C ports you need are the following:

Code:
<key>HS01</key>
<dict>
    <key>UsbConnector</key>
    <integer>9</integer>
    <key>port</key>
    <data>
    AQAAAA==
    </data>
</dict>
<key>SS01</key>
<dict>
    <key>UsbConnector</key>
    <integer>9</integer>
    <key>port</key>
    <data>
    EQAAAA==
    </data>
</dict>

Remove the front USB 3.0 Port maps (HS05, HS06, SS04, SS05) from my kext and replace them with the code provided. Save the kext and reboot your system.

Hi @CrazyHeinke ,
if you prefer UIAC, please feel free to use the attached file.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-Z590-VISION-D-front-USB30-C.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 71
Many Thanks!!! That's exactly what iḿ looking for.
I had some issues with the port limit that's the reason why I can't use this port before.
In my old config I added more than 15 ports to detect all ports I want to use but the usb c port wasn't detected because my config did contain more ports then the port limit allows.

In the attachment you can find my USB port mapping kext.
I have enabled the USB-C for my Fron Panel and have diasbled USB2 personality for all USB Type-C connectors.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-03 um 13.22.25.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-03 um 13.22.25.png
    479.4 KB · Views: 130
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 87
First of all, thank you so much! I am having a strange issue.

I was able to install Big Sur to my internal Samsung NVMe, but before the boot Open Core does not see my NVMe.

I build another config.plist using all of your drivers and I was able to boot just fine, but whenever I replace my config.plist with yours, again Open Core does not see my NVMe, it does see the EFI.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, Tsanko,

I've pulled the trigger and decided to rebuild my personal X86, X99 5820K build with maybe the last Intel generation that will work for the coming years. For that I decided to buy almost the same rig as yours (Gigabyte Z590 Vision D, i7-11700K, 32GB RAM, Vega 56 from my actual hackintosh, 512GB WD Black NVMe SN850).

To my understanding (2nd hackintosh I build with OpenCore, first one was an AMD for a family member of mine), I would go the route of your EFI config with the same cpu1data, cpuid1mask, no boot args for the GPU, I delete within your USB 3.0 port map the rp03 devices /pxsx.

Should I use the same SMBIOS version you gone for?
I have not bought a replacement WiFi/Bluetooth chip for the board. Is it a problem to start with the preinstalled WiFi chip? I dont need it at the first run as I have a fixed LAN connection and WiFi would be optional.

Last edited:
Back