Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX 6600 XT

Hi, I have the same video card 6600xt red devil. Tell me, do you also have a temperature above 50 degrees Celsius in idle time? I don't like it.

Hi, I have the same video card 6600xt red devil. Tell me, do you also have a temperature above 50 degrees Celsius in idle time? I don't like it.
Same here

Same here

Hi, on my machine the GPU idles at 43 degrees celsius with xCode opened, YouTube at background and VMWare VM loaded. It all depands on the room temperature and PC case airflow. My PC case is Fractal Design Define R6 with 3 exhaust fans (2 top and 1 rear), 4 intake fans (2 at front, 1 at bottom and 1 side). I have 8 HDDs and they produce heat as well.

I have a good purge in the case.I don't understand why I have the same video card heats up more than you do
Hi, on my machine the GPU idles at 43 degrees celsius with xCode opened, YouTube at background and VMWare VM loaded. It all depands on the room temperature and PC case airflow. My PC case is Fractal Design Define R6 with 3 exhaust fans (2 top and 1 rear), 4 intake fans (2 at front, 1 at bottom and 1 side). I have 8 HDDs and they produce heat as well.

I have a good purge in the case.I don't understand why I have the same video card heats up more than you do
Shocked...

A took a screenshot of GPU-Z while using the system running Windows 11 now for about a day long and saw a temp just like you. Maybe after a long time of using the PC, the GPU temp goes slow up. My GPU is quiet new (bought it on 25. Dec 2021) I don't think the thermal paste is dried.... can't even imagine that but it could be. The second screenshot is taken while running FurMark and the third is taken while running Unigine Heaven. BIOS switch is in Silent Mode

At idle with some apps running in background (Windows 11)
Screenshot 2022-03-09 104532.png

At load running FurMark (Windows 11)
Screenshot 2022-03-09 105336.png

At load running HUnigine Heaven (Windows 11)
Screenshot 2022-03-09 105834.png

Shocked...

A took a screenshot of GPU-Z while using the system running Windows 11 now for about a day long and saw a temp just like you. Maybe after a long time of using the PC, the GPU temp goes slow up. My GPU is quiet new (bought it on 25. Dec 2021) I don't think the thermal paste is dried.... can't even imagine that but it could be. The second screenshot is taken while running FurMark and the third is taken while running Unigine Heaven. BIOS switch is in Silent Mode

At idle with some apps running in background (Windows 11)
View attachment 543433

At load running FurMark (Windows 11)
View attachment 543434

At load running HUnigine Heaven (Windows 11)
View attachment 543435
In windows 11, I have a very cold graphics card. In makos in idle 55+-

@tsanko.dimitrov : I have change my audio device to a old Samsung sounder connected via optical cable.
If play audio via optical output I don't get the volume control in macOS.

Does volume control works in your configuration?
I have compared our configs and copied the Device Properties entry "Audio" (the pic path is the same for my system). Further I also have installed AppleALC.kext.

I have the 11700k processor. But I have an Asus Gaming TUF z490 plus wifi board and don't plan on running Thunderbolt. So bare minimum to get it up and running (already have my USBMap.kext). Just need to run an SMBIOS MacPro7,1
What of your EFI is necessary for my CPU to work?

To confirm, there is no way to get thunderbolt working on this board? I want to use a couple of thunderbolt displays. If there is no way to get the thunderbolt ports on the board working, is there an add in card anyone recommends? I'm not having too much luck with an old Asus Thunderbolt 2 card I was previously using in a Mac Pro 4.1. It literally worked once and then after a reboot it's like it's not even recognized in the PCI slot. Will test in windows later.

Attachments

• config.plist
    35 KB · Views: 39
Back