Contribute
Register

Success > Gigabyte Z390M + i7-9700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the named kexts and did change clover config as you pointed out. I reinstalled with that setting, but still stuck.
I`ve attached latest verbose log. (no idea why it is roated during upload, strange)

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
I updated the named kexts and did change clover config as you pointed out. I reinstalled with that setting, but still stuck.
I`ve attached latest verbose log. (no idea why it is roated during upload, strange)
disable your serial ports in your BIOS

The board Gigabyte Z390 M does not have a serial port, also no such settings in BIOS.

The board Gigabyte Z390 M does not have a serial port, also no such settings in BIOS.

You are mistaken :

Serial.png

Spec.png

May be identified in settings as SuperIO.

Page 34.png

Last edited:
I´ve double checked, you are right the board has a serial port. I apologize for my mistake.
It is even described in the board manual. However I do not find it in the Bios settings. This version I am using looks differently from the screenshots of the manual. I checked all sub directories. I will check again tomorrow morning. Maybe I need to downgrade back to the bios version that was on the board before I updated.

Good morning :)
I´ve checked the Bios. No such option, it looks different (see screenshots). I will downdate it to the version before as I remember that it was looking like the one you have. Thank you for your assistance and patience.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
I will downdate it to the version before as I remember that it was looking like the one you have. Thank you for your assistance and patience.
If you roll back to before F5 then your processor will no longer be recognised and then you will be in the position where you will be unable to use your system and unable to upgrade the BIOS without a processor that is supported by the current version.

Did you try your BIOS settings in both Advanced and normal mode ?

Yes I´ve downgraded to F4 and checked the settings (always in advanced mode, also disabled serial port). I repeated the install but still no success :-/ If I boot MacOS the screen now is showing a prohibition sign but not the apple logo any more. If I do it in verbose mode I got stuck at these messages seen in new screenshot. Weird.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back